11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Sports Junkies

Old 09-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
NHL 2010 is awesome!
EA pretty much took NHL 2009 and made it sweet. All the new controls in the game fit perfectly with 2009s controls. Even the fighting feels way better then the rock'em sock'em robot punching 09 had.

One thing in this game that really rocks is the new animation to the goalies. Now when the puck starts to roll down the back of the goalie or is up in the air behind them instead of waiting for it to hit the ground the goalie will attempt to knock it out of the air or knock out back out in front of him so the a goal will not occur. I haven't seen the goalies accidently knock the puck in yet so the animation works great.

The battle on the boards feel perfect you hit/hold (Y) and then the battle for that puck begins. What was really fun is designing a custom play and having it work from kicking the puck off the boards to the player that starts the play.

Now fighting is awesome or I should say how I keep getting to a fight. So once the whistle is blow you can still hit players, the moment that happens all heck breaks loose. If you hit...I'll say Joe Sakic he doesn't do anything but the enforce out on the ice will. He will come over and either hit you, white wash your face, or sucker punch you. This can lead to penalties or you can hit the (Y) button and hit back which will take you into fight mode. Fighting is very easy to do, you move the left controller back and forth to dodge a punch and use the right to either punch or uppercut. If they land a good punch the screen starts turning white until you drop or you can turtle so you don't have to take a beating. Hitting after plays really gets the game going south too I was Buffalo and was playing Ottawa and the moment I sucker punched the announcers started talking about the rivalry and later in the game, when the play was over one other their players hit me and wanted to fight.

The fans finally feel like fans. If you have surround sound and are battling on the boards hearing them scream and bang on the glass is awesome. Also when you score at home the fans response it just awesome. Some jump up the moment you score while others take awhile. Also if you miss a shot they start to stand and then sit with the sound of "AWWwwwww..." that follows.

I could keep going but I'll stop my rant. If you love hockey and want to really play hockey....without really playing hockey then you must get this game.
Last edited by DarthOdium : 09-16-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthOdium View Post

If you love hockey and want to really play hockey....without really playing hockey then you must get this game.
Laughed.

Tried the demo, always love the demos, but can never be bothered buying the game =/
Old 10-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dem View Post
Laughed.

Tried the demo, always love the demos, but can never be bothered buying the game =/
If you don't mind me being curious why not? Don't feel like spending money on a series that always comes out every year, or just not a large sports fan.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthOdium View Post
If you don't mind me being curious why not? Don't feel like spending money on a series that always comes out every year, or just not a large sports fan.
Combination of both. I'd like to have one tho. Much like I like to have at least one skate and one footy game.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Enthusiast

PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community PeZzy is a paragon of the community
Best thing about NHL10 - "Wake up! Wake up!" - Metalkpretty
Old 12-09-2009, 02:50 AM

theblackhandx7x has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to theblackhandx7x
i might give this a try, perhaps i just am curious, last few years have been downers for me i haven't loved an NHL game since 2004, and 2001. Maybe its just me, but what else can i say, im very picky.