11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Tabletop Games

Old 10-03-2009, 07:33 PM

AwwHeck is a jewel in the community AwwHeck is a jewel in the community
OMGZ! Custom figures???
a buddy and i sat in and watched a group play D&D, nothing overall different, except how the DM acted,

but thier Elven Rogues figure intrigued me, so i asked how he obtained it, and he said it was completely custom but wouldnt say anything else...

so for the past week i've been pondering while playing some good console games: exactly how do you get a custom D&D figure?

my GF buddy and i would all love one, but none of us can find anything (me, mainly cause of no time to search online with my duties {birthdays and such on} this month, and the others, well they dont search basically)

so any info pertaining to this sbject will help,i really hate being a bother, but any info (even a link to the right place) will help...
Old 10-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
If its a custo job, then what he's done is buy a figure from a board game range (Gams workshop for example) and then hacked, clashed and glued parts off/onto the miniature itself, then painted it.

As to where you can get them, type D&D figures into google for results. Without a pic I couldn't say where it was from though.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:55 PM

Hmm...well that does help...

i suppose i can do the hack/paste myself once i find out how
thing is i tire of repeating my setup's description over and voer each campaign outside of my casual ones so i was hoping to obtain a custom

i'll figure something out, thanks Hagan...
Old 10-04-2009, 01:21 AM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Thing is, when you work with multi-part palastic kits, its easy to pick and mix bits and pieces.
Example: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...0007 &start=1 Games Workshop Elf.

Thing is, unless you read various modelling mags and whatnot, you can't really find the resources availabe. There's tons available for GW products on various websites, but for others you'd have to google for idea's and conversions.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:51 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
That's not the only way to get a custom miniature. Every miniature you see was sculped from scratch by somebody, then cast and made into a mold. Maybe that guy is lucky enough to know an artist.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:29 PM

Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXenophon View Post
That's not the only way to get a custom miniature. Every miniature you see was sculped from scratch by somebody, then cast and made into a mold. Maybe that guy is lucky enough to know an artist.
that might be why he's so reclusive about it's details...

perhaps i will ask him, seperately, if he knows an artist and how much the artist's rates are...

but the next meeting for them hasnt been scheduled yet due to the DM being unable to round everyone up via email ((i'm the only other one with cell phone access, and he's asked me to mail them, but i too have had no luck))

anyways thanks, the info helps...