11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Tabletop Games

Old 09-19-2009, 01:22 PM

AwwHeck is a jewel in the community AwwHeck is a jewel in the community
General Fave Race thread
This is merely something for fun, but what is, from any game, your fave table-top race of all time?

for me, it's Eladrin from D&D
i only first heard of it when i played 4.0 but said to myself 'wh not, i'll give it a go'

tried out as an Eladrin Fighter and gotta say...
Teleport racial at will + Greatweapon = major hurt for enemies
((which was my Idea))
butironically, the one matchup people advised me agaisnt wound out with the msot HP to begin and at the end, when we were all damaged(except for our rogue), i still had the most.

It was fun but we never continued, sadly,

My next-in-line would be((iirc)) the Yellow Dragonborn also from D&D, simply cause i think lightning breath rocks.

So what of y'all, and mind this is no limited to d&d, it can be any table-top game, mine both simply come from D&D.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
any Tabletop game?

Eldar for W40k, they are all pyskers, tehy can create Chaos gods AND have the best tech around bar none

Old 09-19-2009, 03:18 PM

i've actually never played W40k but did play something very, very similar, except it was all humans vrs humans...i jsut cant remember what the gamename was
and while good and structured, i cannot always remeber what my units are equipped with unless i mark it down somewhere...and i hear not many people allow you to look at note in those kinda games...

thoguh, gotta admit, the W40K designs are awesome...
Old 09-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Enthusiast

absolutlush is a cornerstone of the community absolutlush is a cornerstone of the community absolutlush is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to absolutlush
Dwarf. >.> Being 6'5" and only 155 lbs I find it comical to play a short fat dwarf. I also like their history and mindset.

I also like playing the shoe in Monopoly
Old 09-22-2009, 08:12 PM

NotU is a jewel in the community
I know it sounds fairly mundane, but elves have been my favourite since the white box.

My Website

Old 10-05-2009, 06:34 PM

Yeah, that is weird to play as something short and heavy when you are a tall and mid-weight for your stature
and for me, monopoly was only fun at first as a hat or Dog, then someone let me use the car, and i couldnt quit using it

and NotU, i dont think i get what you mean...maybe it's something i havent heard about before
Old 10-05-2009, 06:42 PM

pops40k has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to pops40k
Absolutely have to go with GW goblins/grots/snotlings. Not quite the same as, for example LotR goblins.

They're small, irritating as hell and have the ability to build highly complex machines by orks standards and put together plans. Then follow it up buy screwing up the excectuion of any plan or use of any machine with hilarious results.

My favorite example being the Warhammer fantasy "Doomdiver Catapult". It's a catapult that fires a goblin wearing crappy wood and paper wings at the enemy. It has it's own misfire table that includes the "ammunition" getting into a push fight over who gets to go next.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:24 PM

so they are a comedy race eh?

yeah each game needs one

in fact, my buddy and i partook a one-sit-only 3.5 D&D game and he was a "Handsome Half-Orc Monk", thanks to my mistake of relaxing my right hand (which wound out putting it by my weapon) i spooked to guards into atack me and this Half-orc, they only attacked him because he was unarmed

what happened was i shredded on guard's elft arm off, andt he half-orc, well his first attack was a one-kick killshot to the attacker's chin

since then Half-orcs and Elves have been my idea of comedy releif in D&D, if you know how to use them
((ironically we did so well fending of my "mistake" that the other 20-somehting guards ran from us due to an instant intimidation form what they witnessed))
(((our DM for that one-timer was a 'do what you will but dont godmod' DM, fun guy)))

so my point, COmical races are amust-have, even if no one uses them, they must be there for sakes of laughter
Old 10-07-2009, 12:09 AM

NotU is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwHeck View Post
and NotU, i dont think i get what you mean...maybe it's something i havent heard about before
The white box is the original version of D&D, before there was such a thing as a DM Guide, Player's Handbook, or Monstrous Manual. It pre-dates even the '1e D&D'. It only had 4 races (human, elf, dwarf, and hobbit [eventually becomes the gnome for trademark reasons]), three classes (fighting-man, magic-user, and cleric), three alignments (lawful, neutral, and chaotic), and a handful of monsters. You pretty much needed a game known as Chainmail to play it.

Unfortunately, none of my friends had Chainmail. To make things even more interesting, everything was in English, and only one of us (not me) could speak English at the time. And I am not convinced he could read English...

One of my favourite and most popular characters is an old white box character that I just kept updating with newer versions.

My Website

Old 10-07-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotU View Post
The white box is the original version of D&D, before there was such a thing as a DM Guide, Player's Handbook, or Monstrous Manual. It pre-dates even the '1e D&D'. It only had 4 races (human, elf, dwarf, and hobbit [eventually becomes the gnome for trademark reasons]), three classes (fighting-man, magic-user, and cleric), three alignments (lawful, neutral, and chaotic), and a handful of monsters. You pretty much needed a game known as Chainmail to play it.

Unfortunately, none of my friends had Chainmail. To make things even more interesting, everything was in English, and only one of us (not me) could speak English at the time. And I am not convinced he could read English...

One of my favourite and most popular characters is an old white box character that I just kept updating with newer versions.
Ah that explains it, a 'before-your-timer'...

Yeah for me, my introduction to D&D was 4.0, and D&D 4.0 was my introduction to all these super-deep D20-based Tabletops that allow race/class custom and so on, so White Box was severely before my time