11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 09-18-2009, 10:01 AM

XavierThirtyTwo is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to XavierThirtyTwo Send a message via MSN to XavierThirtyTwo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor-I View Post
I actually came here for the quizzes. I stayed because I thought the forums might be interesting. But there never seems to be much to talk about. I don't really watch games because, well I don't really care...

Any who, hopefully I'll find something to talk about here so I'll be more active.
I felt sort of the same way up until a few hours ago. See, there really isn't much activity on the forums. But if you follow a few people that have things in common with you, and get a few followers yourself, you will find nonstop threads to chat in in the form of contributions. It's really quite nice, and intelligent conversation lol
Old 09-18-2009, 01:16 PM

Zinya is community member of note
Wow you almost described me perfectly! I’m an MMO’er who pretty much plays one game. I don’t use many of GDNA’s new bells and whistles.. they don’t really seem to apply or interest me.

I found GamerDNA as a random search for free web pages. It was Guildafe then; my guild needed a website and this place had lovely templates I could actually figure out by myself!

We’ve moved our website recently though due to the lack of interest we perceive the site having for more fully developing the group web pages (no sub-folders/polls ftl). Tough decision in a way since we had so much junk saved up here >.<!

I guess I still check in with the GDNA site for updates on a few posts in the leader forum and sometimes I find something of interest in the MMO forum. There forum used to be more expanded but it appears that the vision is for people to use the NOW stuff instead of the forum to get information. I think really I still come here because it’s accessible at work.. WOW forums are not, boo.

I agree with you that the communication options on the site seem rather…. constrictive? I’m way too lazy to read through NOW daily and find people who have the same interests as me. I miss the communication boxes on our personal pages… it was a nice place to hear from some of our people who no longer play (yes, rl does get in the way sometimes) but still stay in communication with our group. I think I had like three years of discussions on beer, torte, and other important stuff stored up in there. Bummer.

I think the forums and shout boxes are being replaced with the Now page stuff. The Now page seems like forced communication… I’m not sure how else to put it, I guess it doesn’t agree with my personality type. Just throw up a forum about whatever so all the people who are interested in that topic can find one another and blab like fiends. Easy to stay updated and easy to find, whee.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:36 AM

Kiernan is a jewel in the community
Actually, I'm quite the opposite. I must say what directed me here was MMO related. If I recall correctly a fellow fleet member directed me here. However, the fleet I'm a part of is my first, and will be the first MMO I will dedicate serious time and effort to. Yes, my character for STO is listed because...well because it's quickly become my online identity. Really I'm not good at picking screen names, and if any of my fleet folks venture over I'll be easily identified. (Besides, isn't Kiernan just a spiffy lil name!?)

Ah, back on topic.

I'm a console player. While I haven't listed all of my games, I've listed a good many. I find it's just more enjoyable to keep up with my current games. I came here for "community" and to make some gaming connections (maybe find someone to co-op with on rare occasion.) My biggest draw is just talking game here and there. For Ex: "Hey didn't you love X in the plot." or "Hey didn't that boss drive you nuts, how'd you beat it"

That's what I'm here for, and as long as that remains so will I.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:29 AM

cdeezgames-com has much to be proud of
Why I'm here...
I came here because I was starting my website, cdeezgames and I wanted to get the word out. But this is one of the coolest gaming sites I have found. I wanted to make mine almost just like this, but you beat me to it. Already got the social network side and the guild hosting. Although I couldn't figure out how to use the guild hosting. Props to the great website. I really like how you can add games that you own. And how it compares things you have in common, which I assume would be the games you have selected. I just have the forums setup at cdeezgames . Mostly PS3 gamers there, but we welcome anybody.

http://cdeezgames.com/
Old 12-10-2009, 10:31 PM

Chefjayman has much to be proud of
Actually, when I first joined in 07, it was because I saw a well known guild in WoW (I think it was Goonsquad) publish this site as a place to go. I assumed it was one of the multitude of WoW sites on the net and joined. I never actually came here that often, I believe it was two or three times while I was playing wow (mostly to add my wow toons...most of which are deleted now).

I came back here recently because I got an automailer from the site saying I was missing out on all kinds of things. When I revisited, I found the site to be really interesting and that made me update my page, and become an actual member of the community.

I'm just happy to be a part of the site, now that I know how its run and its not a MMO only kind of thing.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:25 AM
Enthusiast

tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community tibbon is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to tibbon Send a message via Skype™ to tibbon
History Lesson
I haven't read this whole thread honestly. Yet, its probably worth a little history lesson.

gamerDNA was born out of GuildCafe, which was almost exclusively MMO gamers. Much of the initial community was from this, and much of the GuildCafe guild was seeded by the guilds of the founders. Its really interesting from a community management perspective to look at this. Your first users are HIGHLY influential on the later. And by that I mean the first .01% effect the other 99.99% super heavily.

Also look at Twitter. The first people on were from the SF area and SXSW 2007. It was tech geeks and social media people. Now in 2009 its still run a lot by those types of people. Something like 30% of conversation on Twitter is about Twitter.

What you start with is what you get.

Need help? Post any bugs or issues in the Issues/Bugs Forum
imVOX Bug Tracker
imVOX Suggestions
Read the imVOX Blog