11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Retro Gaming

Old 09-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Enthusiast

absolutlush is a cornerstone of the community absolutlush is a cornerstone of the community absolutlush is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to absolutlush
How do u play
ROMs?
Actual classic system hardware?
Wii virtual console/ 360 thingie/ ps3 thingie

Personally i did roms for a tiny bit then just said meh. Then I went on a buying spree of old systems and finally sold those off (except ps2). but for $5 i can get my favorite NES games on a system that works and legally! I've gone through the two real zelda's and working on first metroid (w/out the justin bailey cheat tyvm)
Old 09-16-2009, 02:27 AM

DestroyerOfWorlds is a jewel in the community DestroyerOfWorlds is a jewel in the community
I keep seeing those old platforms in thrift shops. The cartriges, too.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:20 AM
Enthusiast

dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community
Yeah, it's not hard to find older systems, I have a SNES, an Amiga 500 and an Apple //e, I probably paid less that $20 US for the whole lot. I even managed to snag a Mac LCIII for $10 once, it needed a SCSI hard-drive, so I found an old IIci and scavenged and the whole system ended up costing ~$15. old software is harder to come by, I lucked out in grabbing some really good carts for the SNES, and they're not to hard to find, and I was really lucky that my Amiga came in box with some cool games, but all I have on the Apple is a DOS disk. If I run an emulator, it's usually DOSBOX so I can run my old MS-DOS faves (I have more MS-DOS games than I do Mac games).
Old 09-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Enthusiast

BofusTeefus is an unknown quantity at this point
For these, I use the unit...
C64
NES
SNES

I use the PS2 for the PS games, and the 360 for the original Xbox games.

Yeah...that pretty much covers it.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:19 PM

AwwHeck is a jewel in the community AwwHeck is a jewel in the community
mmm...if only i could find a thrift store with a copy of Megaman Legends2 and a PS(1) w/memcard to play it on...

that'd be the day...
Old 09-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
a working NES and Genesis. then I wouldn't have a bunch of games that I can't play.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:31 PM

Stefanovich666 is a cornerstone of the community Stefanovich666 is a cornerstone of the community Stefanovich666 is a cornerstone of the community
When it comes to play some GB-GBA games , i prefer Visual-Boy Advance (Very good emulator) , mostly for pokemon games ^^.As for hardware i still own PSX ^^, in fact my Ps2/Ps3 won't boot backup (Yeah my sweet old PSX is modded) PSX games
Old 09-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Enthusiast

Hexblood is a jewel in the community Hexblood is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwHeck View Post
mmm...if only i could find a thrift store with a copy of Megaman Legends2 and a PS(1) w/memcard to play it on...

that'd be the day...
Oh you are going to hate me

I have an unopened copy of MML2, and no i am not willing to part with it LOL. I fully intend to play it some day . . .

I was big into another game when I picked it up, I knew I wasn't going to play it for a while but knowing how rare it was I went ahead and snagged it. Then i got hooked on MMOs and 6 years later it still sits in my collection un-opened.

Every time i think about replaying it I start up a new game of MML first because i wanna refresh on what happened there. Then i get side tracked by something else LOL. I also have "The Misadventures of Tronn Bonne"

I really wish the series had done much better here in the USA.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:57 AM

exaes is a cornerstone of the community exaes is a cornerstone of the community
I own a variety of systems got a NES, SNES, SEGA mastersystem and megadrive, a PS2 , PS3, xbox360, wii, DS and amiga 500

I do play roms of games when i can't get the original also my SNES and PS2 are both PAL and most stuff i find on ebay are usualy NTSC. also having a lack of space to put my stuff. my retro game collection is pretty small though i'm planning on expanding the collection.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Enthusiast

Ysgrublaidd has set foot on a distinguished road
If I can get the actual system, I'll play on that. It's much better than emulation. Both ROM and the games on newer systems.

When I can't get the actual system in my possession or the games have never been released in Europe... I sometimes use ROM.