11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Hello Universe!

Old 09-10-2009, 09:19 AM

BoonDoc91B has much to be proud of
Dropping by to say hello...
Filling out my profile made me come to the realization that I've been playing video games for 29 years!!! And it all started with the Intellivision...a game system by Mattel that I'm not sure anyone here even remembers...lol.

I'm currently playing the XBox 360 when my spare time permits...right now I'm looking at all of my games and trying to mop up any unfinished business...so many games and SO little time to play them. After a brief break it's nice to get back into the swing of things and with a little luck I'll be racking up achievements in no time.

VERY turned on about the upcoming MMO Star Wars The Old Republic...I've been looking for a way to get my Star Wars fix ever since I stopped playing Star Wars Galaxies. I love MMOs for the sense of community that you don't get from other mediums and I'm hoping that BioWare pulls it off.

In RL I'm a paramedic and emergency services instructor looking to go overseas and follow the big money and adventure that comes with international travel.

Sorry for the long post...but that's me in a nutshell...like the site so far...hoping I'll find a large and active community of gamers that I might get a chance to meet online on XBL or elsewhere. Maybe some of ya'll can point me in the right direction?

-BoonDoc91B-
Old 09-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Welcome to the friendliest gaming community on teh interwebz. There are some here who do remember the Intellivision, so you should find some common ground with them. In fact quite a number of the members here have been gaming for 20 years or longer.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Hello and Welcome!

I'm stuck with not haing palyed any of those early platforms, earliest for me was a Playstation

Old 09-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Enthusiast

JinTetra is a jewel in the community JinTetra is a jewel in the community
Welcome to gamerDNA, BoonDoc91B! ^_^

I know about the Intellivision, but only because I saw it in a documentary on G4TV...back when the network was watchable.

But you are welcome among us! We're short on medics, and those headshots aren't gonna heal themselves, doncha know. Also, you have the privilege of receiving my 100th post. It is not an honor given lightly, or often. Probably not gonna give it ever again, come to think of it.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Enthusiast

lotusthefallen is a cornerstone of the community lotusthefallen is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to lotusthefallen Send a message via MSN to lotusthefallen Send a message via Yahoo to lotusthefallen
Welcome Boon. And gods I remember that system! I actually had fun with it when I was a kid.... Ancient times but some of the best personally.

What kind of games are you into on XBL? If it's something I'm into I may grab it and give ya some friendly competition once I have mine up and running.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Enthusiast

dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community
Ooh, I lusted after that system as a kid, It was 16 bit and great graphics when everything else was 8 bit and big hunking block graphics. I also loved the controllers, kinda like Coleco's, only better.

Welcome to the community BoonDoc.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
Hello and Wel.........well...someone seems happy about the upcoming Star Wars MMO. So I guess I can say you ARE happy to see us and there is something in your pocket. I'm excited for the Star Wars MMO too maybe not as excited as you, but I love Star Wars.

Anyway again Hello and Welcome to GamerDNA.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
Never played on it, but I have heard of it. Oh well i could just get a disc that has all those old games on it. won't be as fun but then i could kind of relate. no not really. oh well, WELCOME TO GAMERDDDDDDDDDDDDNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAA
Old 09-11-2009, 06:31 AM
Enthusiast

BofusTeefus is an unknown quantity at this point
*crashes through the ceiling tile*

Um...hey...I was just ...creeping through your ceiling...to get here and welcome you to GDNA....so....welcome to GDNA...

*runs out*
Old 09-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
*starts trying to shoot BOfus as he's runing* stop stalking the new members!