11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Hello Universe!

Old 09-05-2009, 04:14 PM

KatrinaTheLamia is a jewel in the community KatrinaTheLamia is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
Can i ask why does everyone seem to love FF games? i find them broing and pathetic personally
They generally are... I mean I enjoyed V, VI and would like to play some IX--however the games after that strike me, largely as crap.

I do like the Mana series Square-Enix does. Those are particularly well done. Not much else though.

Trust me, when you read "then we got" in my post, it should read imagining I am holding back the urge to bulemia many games give me (which is why I don't play many of them--that sort of stuff is _very_ hard to clean up afterwards).
Old 09-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has set foot on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvader83 View Post
Welcome to the community. Nice to have you join us.

@Mishy: Broing??
There goes Mishy, always inventing new words....

Welcome Xavier!
Old 09-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
Welcome to gDNA. yes everyone goesoff on their own conversations every once and a while. I at least can stay on track. so............have fun and talk.....with people..... who actually exist. I need to get out more. Oh um keep making games.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:02 PM

Vegeta has much to be proud of
Wow, nice landing a job with Square-Enix. Welcome to gamerDNA
Old 09-06-2009, 12:23 AM

XavierThirtyTwo is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to XavierThirtyTwo Send a message via MSN to XavierThirtyTwo
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

As for the FF series, I have to largely agree that they're mostly crap. The first 1~4 games were only good because at the time there was really nothing else aside from terrible sidescrolling 'rpg' type games on PC, or dungeon crawlers with terrible questing and combat ala Bard's Tale (NES.) It was after V came out that we started seeing other decent RPG type games for the time come out, like the phantasy star series, Tactics Ogre, E.V.O., Chrono Trigger, etc.

After that, I think VI, IX, and Tactics are the only notable Final Fantasy games that were actually any good. I know that the fanboys for VII and X are going get defensive over that statement, but basically, every other Final Fantasy game has been mediocre to craptacular.

As for my job, I work soley on FFXI, which I played since launch until I quit in august of '07. I will be working on FFXIV very soon, and that should be pretty awesome. I have to admit having now worked at Activision, 2K Games, Disney Interactive, Insomniac Games, and Square-Enix, that SE is the best employer so far.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:09 AM
Enthusiast

dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community
You worked at Activision? What was the point to Barnstorming? I have to tell you that honestly the first Pitman kinda sucked. Pitman II was really fun, and Activision has put out other very cool games, but Barnstorming, I just don't get it, sorry. You didn't work for Atari did you, because the Pong machine at the bait shop across from the boat ramp in Ft. Pierce Florida stole my quarter back in July of 1975, and I want my money back. >:-/
Old 09-06-2009, 03:51 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
inquiring minds want to know.....
Old 09-06-2009, 06:31 AM

XavierThirtyTwo is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to XavierThirtyTwo Send a message via MSN to XavierThirtyTwo
lol I was born in 1985 and I worked at Activision in 2008, and I did 2 guitar hero games. I can't exactly comment on Barnstorming as I never played it. Admittedly, my cousin had the Atari, and this definitely was not one of the games he had.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
....so that's a NO on getting his quarter back?
Old 09-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Enthusiast

dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community
Yeah, I'd ask Nolan Bushnell again, but the Judge said I couldn't come within 500 feet of him since the last "incident".