11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-21-2009, 06:21 AM
Enthusiast

jimothyjim is community member of note
Summer of Arcade
Summer of Arcade is officially over I believe. What did everyone think of it overall? I thought it went fairly well.

I ended up parting money for Trials HD and Splosion Man and don't regret it. Splosion man is the second game from Twisted Pixel and it was probably even better than the first (the first being The Maw). It was a good game and i was actualyl kind of funny. They should also release that donuts song, it's ah-maze-ing! 800 points was reasonable.

Trials HD was graphically awesome and the ragdoll physics made crashing kind of fun, I say kind of because it was brilliant to start with but at the end when the levels become frustratingly difficult there's a lot of crashing and the novelty wears off somewhat >.> 1200 points was the upper end of the market but I ahve put a lot of time into just trying to climb leaderboards.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game was pretty popular but 'meh'ed by pretty much every review site :P I downloaded the demo and thought it was actually pretty fun, but, the reviews and the fact it doesn't have much replayability put me off in the end. Was dropped from 1200 points to 800 after everyone whined about how expensive the Summer of Arcade was.

I'll refrain from talking about Marvel vs Capcom 2 for fear of a long and arduous 'discussion' :P That was 1200 points too.

Shadow Complex seemed pretty awesome, especially for an XBLA game. 1200 points again. Don't think I'm gonna buy this one though, because I, personally, don't think I'd like it enough to warrant the 1200 points.

So yeah, any opinions about any individual games or the whole thing in general? Also, is anyone going for that 'buy all 5, get 800 Microsoft points!!!!!!!!!" deal?
Old 08-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
I bought Shadow Complex and Splosion man. both are great games even though I thought Shadow Complex was better (yes "Donut's go nuts" is an awesome song).

I was thinking about Marvel vs Capcom but the demo only worked with local MP so that limited it a little.

As for TMNT ReShelled it was a pass from the start for me.

Trials HD the demo was sooo much fun, but the price was steep for me. especially since theres a game just like it on the web for free.

Over all it was alright. the 800 deal is kinda dumb. spend 5600 MS points for 800? no thanks.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:08 AM

Spanky4G63 has much to be proud of
I've bought everything except Shadow Complex. I want to get into the demo a little bit more before I decide to go ahead and buy it. The 800ms point incentive is nice as well. It would land me a couple song packs for Rock Band.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:25 AM
Enthusiast

jimothyjim is community member of note
I'm gonna wait for shadow complex to be a deal of the week. It seems good but I don't wanna spend any more D: