11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-19-2009, 05:53 PM

MechaHandz has much to be proud of
Angry Was there a game that took you multiple times to get into?
Like was there a game where, you bought it and you just hated it but after a few playthroughs maybe, you just loved it? Took me a while to like Samurai Warriors. I had to start it over 2 times just to like it. Now I'm loving it.

Anything similar happen to you???
Old 08-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has set foot on a distinguished road
That happens to me all the time, though I don't usually hate the games. I just have trouble staying interested the first time I try a game unless it just blows me away. The only specific example I can think of is Secret of Mana. I probably started it 6 times before I actually played all the way through it, and I ended up loving it.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:03 PM

mace990 has set foot on a distinguished road
The first time that happened to me I was playing Sacred 1 with a friend ...

yeah I got bored very fast and after a month or two I started again and I realized it's damn bad and I made another break about 7 weeks ... yeah after about 4 or 5 little gaming-times I started to play that game really and I played through with the friend once with different chars, once with same chars and another one again with different chars...

E: Morrowind was also one of the games, I started play with a friend when it was new and we didn't understood a word because we couldn't speak/write/understand english like we do now and we throw it into a corner and forgot, and about 2 years later we got back to it but we really didn't liked it at the first, and then after another 2 years we played through about 4 or 5 times... (how did we got an english ver. in ger? - It was a present from my friend's family livin' not in ger )
yeah and It happens from time to time with some games that I throw them in a corner try them 3 weeks later play through and throw them in the corner again and forget about it ^,^
happens with me often with free-2-play MMO's I start, uninstall, reinstall again because I'm bored, realize it's really bad, uninstall again and so on.... :P

Old 08-19-2009, 11:03 PM

Vegeta has much to be proud of
The "Pokemon Trading Card Game" for GBC. It became somewhat addictive, after I forced myself to play 4 different times.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Anarchy Online took me a while to get into.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
Ninja Gaiden Black, because I sucked. No really, I was god awful bad at it. But I kept with it, through some of the most frustrating boss fights I've ever been in. And like some subtle nudge towards destiny, I emerged victorious. I also found out it seemed to hone my hand/eye level because of it.

But I'll admit, the first week of me sitting there, grinding my teeth and swearing at the TV like some drunk sailor was......well.....it was what I consider the "dark times."
Old 08-20-2009, 03:05 AM

n3rd is a jewel in the community n3rd is a jewel in the community
Send a message via ICQ to n3rd
It took me quite some time to get into Final Fantasy VIII (crazy, i know). I started several savegames on my PS1 until I actually got to after the party when you become a Seed...

Then it got me good
Old 08-20-2009, 03:54 AM
Enthusiast

BofusTeefus is an unknown quantity at this point
I absolutely couldn't stand F.E.A.R., with it's wannabe horror self, until I gave its MP a try. Quite fun, and the game sucks bad enough to where there aren't really any competitive players in the deathmatches. Fun stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rd View Post
It took me quite some time to get into Final Fantasy VIII (crazy, i know). I started several savegames on my PS1 until I actually got to after the party when you become a Seed...

Then it got me good
As long as you eventually saw the light....
Old 08-20-2009, 04:20 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Ditto on the Ninja Gaiden

Old 08-20-2009, 04:42 AM

n3rd is a jewel in the community n3rd is a jewel in the community
Send a message via ICQ to n3rd
yeah, i was enlightened.

As for another game i just remembered while posting: The Witcher.
Still not played through, don't know why :P