11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-17-2009, 06:35 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowekeller View Post
I dunno, a couple hours before I get really bored and resort to drastic measures like reading, writing, photography and art, you know productive activity. Usually I can avoid that course through heavy use of alcohol.
You too!? lol.

Uh... guess the longest I've been without my XBawks was a month or so. Once due to RROD, another to my friend borrowing it/holding it hostage.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:39 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
aHAH! see? SEE? RROD is NOT to be taken Lightly.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastelander75 View Post
aHAH! see? SEE? RROD is NOT to be taken Lightly.
Exactly, since I had mine RRoD on me almost two months before Fallout 3 came out. Luckily, I got it back in time for the game to be released. If it hadn't, I'm not sure what I would have done, not being able to play.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:14 AM

Vegeta has much to be proud of
I don't play as much as I used to, because of Dial-up, but I do play games almost every other day at least, for maybe an hour or two. The last extended absence I remember taking a break from gaming was the time I was in boot camp. Before that, my Dad took away my systems so that I would work outside with him on his big-rig (it was torture). Although, all this was years ago (but it still haunts me to this day)...
Old 08-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Enthusiast

Bonemane is a jewel in the community Bonemane is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Bonemane Send a message via MSN to Bonemane Send a message via Yahoo to Bonemane Send a message via Skype™ to Bonemane
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastelander75 View Post
That's funny, I used to date a girl that did the same thing. I mean, it wasn't like I was outright ignoring her or avoiding her, I just wasn't paying attention/texting/talking to HER 24/7. We remain friends (sort of), I remain happy, she remains boyfriendless. You guys can take it from there.

Anyway, as far as going without gaming? I can answer that pretty well. 3 1/2 months. My gaming "celebacy" was related to my system. Yes ladies and gents, I bought a frag-tard-tastic XBox 360 with a RROD label practically emblazoned on the box. It only took it two months to RROD me. Oh God I was pissed. 3 1/2 months later it comes back.

But wait! there's MORE!

6 months later RROD again. So I chucked the m$%^er f#$%er out the door and got me a Jasper model.

Haven't had a problem since.
Women are very funny creatures =/

My mom used to act like my videogames in general were an actual person and she was REALLY jealous of him/her. Whats funny too is that same as your ex, my mom remains husbandless hehe xP

Old 08-17-2009, 08:30 PM

Raven85 has much to be proud of
for me if there is a gaming capable machine nearby then i can't make it out for more than a day.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:20 PM

Dswal has much to be proud of
I can make it a few days... But do I want to is a completely different story...
Old 08-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
usually 4 or 5 hours. start eating then get consumed by the t.v. and lose track of time. Longest i've gone is 3 months not of my free will. got grounded from all games.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:40 PM

MechaHandz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CthulhuDreams View Post
usually 4 or 5 hours. start eating then get consumed by the t.v. and lose track of time. Longest i've gone is 3 months not of my free will. got grounded from all games.
That is unfortunate
Old 08-22-2009, 08:25 AM

redknightalex is a jewel in the community redknightalex is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to redknightalex
Going without video games: meh, I would adapt, even if you took them away from me indefinitely. Longest I've gone without video games? I'd say a couple months, especially during school and when my laptop needed to be repaired.

Going without the Internet: *runs crying to mommy*