11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-16-2009, 05:12 PM

MechaHandz has much to be proud of
Post How long can you go without gaming?
Say you were really bored in the summer, how long could you go without playing games?
Old 08-16-2009, 05:36 PM

Dacimannes is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to Dacimannes
Assuming there's no special motivation (read: prize) I'd say 1-2.5 hours, tops.

'Cept maybe that...
Old 08-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Depends. Location, stress level, other distractions available. I'm a little backlogged with stuff to do/read on the internet so that'd keep me busy. But I'd prefer not to go a day without.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Enthusiast

jimothyjim is community member of note
I reckon I could go a pretty long time, there's plenty of other distractions I could find, but I like gaming and there's no forseable reason to stop playing so I end up gaming most days.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
My record is 3 months. I was working hard, pulling overtime and extra hours almost 6 years ago, I needed the cash so I put almost everything on hold, including gaming.

Was a drab time, but it was necessary.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Enthusiast

Bonemane is a jewel in the community Bonemane is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Bonemane Send a message via MSN to Bonemane Send a message via Yahoo to Bonemane Send a message via Skype™ to Bonemane
Even though I'm big on gaming, I'm also a very adaptable person so I'd say for as long as I want. Plus my mom used to take away my games and try to blackmail me into doing things to get them back. The longest she took them away was 6 months, so I can easily do that nowadays.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Enthusiast

dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community
Wasn't this the plot of a Seinfeld episode?

I dunno, a couple hours before I get really bored and resort to drastic measures like reading, writing, photography and art, you know productive activity. Usually I can avoid that course through heavy use of alcohol.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:03 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Bonemane

Even though I'm big on gaming, I'm also a very adaptable person so I'd say for as long as I want. Plus my mom used to take away my games and try to blackmail me into doing things to get them back. The longest she took them away was 6 months, so I can easily do that nowadays.
That's funny, I used to date a girl that did the same thing. I mean, it wasn't like I was outright ignoring her or avoiding her, I just wasn't paying attention/texting/talking to HER 24/7. We remain friends (sort of), I remain happy, she remains boyfriendless. You guys can take it from there.

Anyway, as far as going without gaming? I can answer that pretty well. 3 1/2 months. My gaming "celebacy" was related to my system. Yes ladies and gents, I bought a frag-tard-tastic XBox 360 with a RROD label practically emblazoned on the box. It only took it two months to RROD me. Oh God I was pissed. 3 1/2 months later it comes back.

But wait! there's MORE!

6 months later RROD again. So I chucked the m$%^er f#$%er out the door and got me a Jasper model.

Haven't had a problem since.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:05 AM
Enthusiast

BofusTeefus is an unknown quantity at this point
I can go as long as I need to without gaming. I can also go a couple weeks without eating, but why would I go and do that? If I can help it, I'll play at least a short game once a day.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:10 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
Of course you can go two weeks without eating (points to your avatar). Oh Lord of Lords and Host of Hosts here just has a fear of Nails, Romans, and a large wooden crucifix all made/designed/starring in a Mel Gibson directed movie.

The Passion of the Teefus.

Last edited by wastelander75 : 08-17-2009 at 06:26 AM.