11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 08-14-2009, 09:31 AM

DistractXfer has much to be proud of
New PC FPS: Section 8
Any thoughts about the game? Imo i think its going to be pretty balanced because there is no need to unlock any weapons. The ability to also choose where you drop on the map is pretty strategic too. If you've haven't heard of the game, check it out at ign or the official website. Trailers on youtube too.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Enthusiast

jimothyjim is community member of note
It's on xbox 360 too, although I haven't looked into it much. From what I gather its a sci fi FPS. Halo killer!!! But anyway. I'll probably play it but nothing I've heard has made me go "This sounds awesome!" yet. IGN says it's kind of like Battlefield so I'm swayed to the multiplayer aspect a little more than I perhaps would have been.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
Yeah i've heard of Section 8. idk if i'll buy it but i'm keeping my eye on it.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
I was a little disappointed when after watching an MP trailer for S8. Seems from the trailer that aiming down sight is more a gimmick than an actual aiming mechanism. As in: when the character aims down sights, there's space between the gun and your target. So ADS is really in there just for looks trying to hook CoD fans. Hopefully I am wrong and the game will be full of awesome and success (tends to be what I think about alot of games...)

Old 08-15-2009, 06:14 AM

Torinir has much to be proud of
The gameplay is somewhat like Enemy Territory. Not bad. Unless you get on a team that's more interested in DM'ing than winning. >.>
Old 09-03-2009, 09:50 AM

Raven85 has much to be proud of
Being COD guy this is not up my alley really. What i really don't like is that, you need to wear down a players energy shield before you can kill him. Even then you need to wear down the health bar. So getting kills is not fluid as in COD. But the team based nature of the game is pretty good and a definite strong point. The weapons, droppable turrets and extra are all cool. Its not a bad game at all. People who like such games would definitely fall in love with it. For me, well its a bit of a dilemna, i don't hate it or love it. Its a good game which does not interest me, but i know a lot of people who would enjoy it
Old 09-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
IMO, it seems to combine elements of Halo with Counter-Strike. After playing the XBL demo a couple of times to get the controls figured out, I liked it. Maybe a later purchase for me.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:34 PM

Torinir has much to be proud of
TGS's focus was on multiplayer. The weapons are nicely balanced, and the game's side-missions open up the whole map for use, instead of clustering everything on the control points.

Sniper Rifles and Rocket Launchers do not have shield penetration, however the AR, MG, Pistol and SG all have shield penetration at close range. A sniper or rocket is still a one/two shot kill once the shields are down, however.

They did something right by not making one weapon or accessory a dominating factor. This forces players and teams to choose loadouts more carefully, taking the strengths and weaknesses of each item into account.