11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-14-2009, 04:45 AM
Enthusiast

BofusTeefus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycotting View Post
all that was achieved in this update, was games on demand, forget about the avatar store, its way over priced and there is no way i would spend something like that on a avatar, no way no thanks, maybe the next round of updates will be more efficient for us xboxers, who knows all i know is Microsoft failed in this update, but that's just my personal opinion.
I wouldn't say they failed. The avatar bling-blong update will be solid, investment-free money for them (don't get me wrong, I hate them for this), and some people may find games on demand useful. I sure won't be using any of the updates- no avatar bling for me, and I'd rather have the disk for the game. I do have at least one friend who has also found Netflix easier to use as well.

...maybe I'm just playing devil's advocate...I don't know.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:50 AM

MisterUgly is a jewel in the community
I though it was an ok update. The fix to party connections and the audio detection for voice messages are great. Also i dunno if i just never noticed it but if its new the eject dvd tray from the controller is nice. Games on Demand is great since it turns out they arent gouging for the games (just yet) even if you can get it cheaper in a retail store. The rest of the update like the how long youve been a member bubbles and avatar store, i just see that as their little start towards making the 360 more of a social gaming machine like they are planning in the fall/winter. As for the avatar store i actually think it would be better if they didnt overprice shit in there. I dont hate the avatar store at all. Every so often i get tired of looking at my avatar looking the same so its nice to have the option to change it up. Yeah its silly to burn cash for virtual dressup but in the end its the users money to do with as they please. Its kinda like when people complained when country music came to rock band. If you dont like it, dont buy it.

All in all i give the august update 3.5/5
Some nice technical fixes but i'll look to the winter update for the social networking updates to really wow me.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:26 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
I want to know what's up with Xbox Australia (Mishy territory) pricing Mass Effect at 6000 MS Points (75 USD) to download while it's only 1600 in the States. Pretty moronic.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Enthusiast

jimothyjim is community member of note
Australia get screwed over on gaming in general though from what I hear. I actually quite liked this update overall. Now everyones brought stuff up there were some nice additions and little fixes.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
is Mass Effect a Platnium hit over there? idk why it wouldn't be but they sold it over hit at retail price so if it wasn't they could be doing the same in Australia.