11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Enthusiast

jimothyjim is community member of note
Xbox 360 dash updates
Well fellow Xbawksers, what do we all think about todays updates? I was actually pretty surprised to see the Games On Demand wern't ridiculously overpriced. I was expecting them all to be full retail price. I mean I can still get them cheaper via the internet or in an actual store but I guess you're 'paying for the convenience' as well.

The avatar store is crazy though, I'm not spending 240 points for a Big Daddy doll for my avatar. Does anyone have any unlocked clothing from games? I'm not sure if any current games give them or not.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Yeah buying avatar clothes is a definite no thank you in my books. Sadly there are probably 10000 people right now buying said big daddy doll.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:27 AM
Enthusiast

BofusTeefus is an unknown quantity at this point
OK, if I was going to buy so much as one (1) piece of avatar bling, it would be the Big Daddy.

.....no, not a freaking chance.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:33 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
I noticed when looking through the avatar props that the lightsaber was among the highest priced items. Why? Because Microsoft knows people will buy it and are ready and willing to exploit them.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:00 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
they SHOULD give out free points for 1 of each clothing type to those players who have been with Microsoft through the RROD shite storm and the nth-told complaint of how the new menu update w/avatar support bricked more than a few systems as a damn THANK YOU for sticking with Xbox360's F.U.B.A.R's.

But unfortunately I think they only blink an eye if a Gold Account Member growls a few times. I wonder how many growls are gonna come out of this one?

Old 08-12-2009, 04:08 AM
Enthusiast

I saw that, the highest priced things are jsut the most popular things, actually makes me a little sad :/
Old 08-13-2009, 03:47 AM

Vegeta has much to be proud of
Avatar store, on top of the fact you have to pay to even connect online to begin with....shame on Microsoft.

The avatar store, at least you have the option of spending points/money I guess. But they should at least let you connect online for free and do everything that a computer can do for free, I mean Microsoft profits games you buy that they had no hand it, simply because of Xbox Live. I mean Halo for the PC and other games, don't require you to pay a fee to use their online service (I mean you pay for the cable/dsl as it is).

I know some say that "you pay for what you get", I do not agree, but for those that do; they should at least make the Xbox Live system OPTIONAL for those that want the service, and those that are more savvy with technology to not have to pay to use what should be free (in my opinion you are paying for the technology in side the Xbox console, I mean you don't pay a fee to use a router, why should a console be any different?)

Oh well, I got off topic. The updates? All it shows is that the fact Microsoft spends money, time, and effort to offer more customization for avatars at a price, because there are people willing to shell out the money for it...
Old 08-13-2009, 05:12 AM
Enthusiast

True, stupid Mocro$oft. There were a few other minor updates like easier to view achievements and some pintless thing that says if you've been a part of xbox live for a year.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:29 AM
Enthusiast

boycotting has set foot on a distinguished road
all that was achieved in this update, was games on demand, forget about the avatar store, its way over priced and there is no way i would spend something like that on a avatar, no way no thanks, maybe the next round of updates will be more efficient for us xboxers, who knows all i know is Microsoft failed in this update, but that's just my personal opinion.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
I'm pissed that don't have any avatar awards yet. as for the update in general i really dont care. i've never been one to dwell on the dashboard long so it doesn't matter much to me. i do like that if you lag out of the party it automatically gets you back in the party.