Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

View Poll Results: Gamer Film
Hell YES! 10 76.92%
Hell NO! 0 0%
whaaa..? 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2009, 05:20 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
hell he's been that way since starring in 300.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
I'll see it. Eventually. Did anyone here (reading this) see District 9 today?

Old 08-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Enthusiast

Bonemane is a jewel in the community Bonemane is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Bonemane Send a message via MSN to Bonemane Send a message via Yahoo to Bonemane Send a message via Skype™ to Bonemane
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo65 View Post
I'll see it. Eventually. Did anyone here (reading this) see District 9 today?
I didn't see it, but heard the reviews from my favorite internet critics and they say its mindblowing.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Enthusiast

jimothyjim is community member of note
I've heard it's meant to be pretty awesome.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:43 AM

Dswal has much to be proud of
I really want to see District 9. A friend of mine referred it to me. His words were "District 9 is a amazing movie, you should go see it". Can anyone enlighten me of what it is about?
Old 08-16-2009, 04:46 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
From the brief teasers I've seen, it's about aliens first making contact with us, down in australia, coming along to colonize/co-habitate with us humans. But apparently they appear to be rather hostile, so they're kept ina sort of warsaw ghetto, aka District 9. Or so we're lead to belive, I did see some dialogue subtitles after a police officer said "why did you come here" and the alien responds with "we just want to go home" so it's leading me to belive they're being held there against their will by the government/military.

So yeah, I want to see this one too. And they say if it does well, it might just be the driving force to have Jackson go ahead with a Halo movie. Not really looking forward to that one though.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Enthusiast

Bonemane is a jewel in the community Bonemane is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Bonemane Send a message via MSN to Bonemane Send a message via Yahoo to Bonemane Send a message via Skype™ to Bonemane
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastelander75 View Post
From the brief teasers I've seen, it's about aliens first making contact with us, down in australia, coming along to colonize/co-habitate with us humans. But apparently they appear to be rather hostile, so they're kept ina sort of warsaw ghetto, aka District 9. Or so we're lead to belive, I did see some dialogue subtitles after a police officer said "why did you come here" and the alien responds with "we just want to go home" so it's leading me to belive they're being held there against their will by the government/military.

So yeah, I want to see this one too. And they say if it does well, it might just be the driving force to have Jackson go ahead with a Halo movie. Not really looking forward to that one though.
Wastelander pretty much summed it up, but it needs a few tweaks. I just watched a video review on spill.com and they explained it.

Aliens crash landed on our planet, particularly South Africa, and we form some sort of union to help them thinking they would leave once they fix their ships. 30 years pass and they're still here, leeching off us, and we are angry because it turns out they're nothing but scavengers.

So we make these concentration camps and to send them to. For all this to work they hire some guy to gather up all the aliens and bring them to the camp, but something goes wrong and he gets caught up in this big mess.

That's pretty much how they summed it up.

Oh and the Halo movie fell through. There were 2 studios arguing over its production so its been cancelled indefinitely.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:39 AM

Squirrelznflight has much to be proud of
That's not a completely accurate summary of District 9. The story is that an alien ship comes to Earth and drifts around a bit before settling over a city. Humans wait months for something to happen, but it never opens up, so eventually they fly up and cut it open. There they find about a million malnourished aliens.

The aliens are flown down to Earth to be nursed back to health (kind of as a humanitarian thing) and also so the humans can observe them as another sentient species. They are concentrated in an area just outside the city called District 9, and they remain there for 20 years. The district becomes a slum. The aliens end up just leeching off the world's resources and causing resentment.

That's the premise, anyways. I saw it and it was PHENOMENAL, so I won't dare reveal anything else. Go see, it people. Pure awesome.

---

Gamer looks interesting. I'll definitely end up watching it one way or another. With any luck, this will open the door to more high-concept movies, maybe along the lines of .hack, assuming it gets some attetion.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:33 AM

FullFrontalGamer has much to be proud of
Games and movies really need the distinction of being two separate entities. The only film medium capable of capturing gaming is documentary, especially with King of Kong. I encourage anyone to name one mediocre fictional/scripted gaming movie, and no, The Wizard does not count.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Enthusiast

Hexblood is a jewel in the community Hexblood is a jewel in the community
OMG

The Wizard. . . LOL go Fred Savage LOL

I saw it in the theaters as a kid. . . think it was part of a summer kids film program or something. . .

OT: I think the movie looks pretty good but not one I am going to bother see in the theater but will try to see eventually.