Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

View Poll Results: Gamer Film
Hell YES! 10 76.92%
Hell NO! 0 0%
whaaa..? 3 23.08%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
Gamer Film
Was browsing wiki today when I glanced through Gerard Butler's up and coming films. One of them caught my eye. GAMER. So I went on the movie site and caught the teaser trailers.

Movie site:

http://gamerthemovie.com/#/gamer/

Once there and loaded up scroll over to the left "crosshairs" to pull up the trailers. It's due out Septermber 4th.

What do you guys think? Personally I'm going to give this one a go, I think it's going to rock.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:03 AM
Enthusiast

jimothyjim is community member of note
Just watched the trailer, I'm not convinced it will have any story, but plenty of action it seems.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:30 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
I saw a trailer for this when I went to go see Star Trek. The premise is interesting, and Gerard Butler can handle action movies, but I'm still not convinced it's more than a rental.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:16 AM
Enthusiast

Bonemane is a jewel in the community Bonemane is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Bonemane Send a message via MSN to Bonemane Send a message via Yahoo to Bonemane Send a message via Skype™ to Bonemane
I agree the movie is most likely gonna be good even though the parts where they show the guy controlling him looks kind of dumb. Is he seeing through the convicts eyes ala the anime .Hack? Or is he just looking at those screens in front of him, which would mean his depth perception, knowledge of his surroundings, among other things is amazing. I know, I'm thinking a little too much.

But on another level I think games don't need this kind of publicity. Its only more ammo for the people against them.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:54 AM

redknightalex is a jewel in the community redknightalex is a jewel in the community
Send a message via Yahoo to redknightalex
I'll probably wait to rent this one. Now that movies cost so much to see in the theatre (we must include the price of popcorn, what's the movies without popcorn?!), I only see the movies I know I'll like or when other people will see them with me.

Overall worth a go in some format, just not one that's expensive.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:22 AM

SwordFish95 is a jewel in the community
I'll most likely go see it...looks like a good action flick.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Enthusiast

TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community TamaraLane is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by redknightalex View Post
I'll probably wait to rent this one. Now that movies cost so much to see in the theatre (we must include the price of popcorn, what's the movies without popcorn?!),
=blech... I can't eat movie theatre popcorn, It always makes me sick! But you gotta have Raisenets or Red Hots! If my BF wants to see it I'll go....

Old 08-13-2009, 01:14 AM

MechaHandz has much to be proud of
The story idea seems similar too Death Race. Anyways, i'll have to see it when it comes out.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
I'll go see it in theaters I guess. "What if the games that you played weren't just games? What if the characters that you controlled were real?" This concept is getting old.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:48 AM
Enthusiast

Bonemane is a jewel in the community Bonemane is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Bonemane Send a message via MSN to Bonemane Send a message via Yahoo to Bonemane Send a message via Skype™ to Bonemane
Is it just me or does it look like Gerard Butler went on steroids to do this film? Guy has gotten crazy buff.