11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
I've found many games on both XBLA and VC that have been worth the money. Splosion Man, Braid, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Castlevania: SotN, Pac-Man: Championship Edition, Tenchu: Shadow Assassins, Castlevania 3, Paper Mario, Super Metroid. There are many more I'd probably grab if my bank account had larger numbers in it.

Oh, and there's Shadow Complex in about a week. That is on my must-buy list.

But I do agree that the cost of these should come down a tad. They've cut out the middleman (brick and mortar retail shops), now they've passed the savings onto themselves! Grease up those cornholes, folks!
Old 08-10-2009, 11:00 PM
Enthusiast

jimothyjim is community member of note
Exactly, they could pass a few savingss to the consumer. They should be more like Al Harrington, President and CEO of Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Emporium and Warehouse! Thanks to a shipping error he's now overstocked on wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube men, and he's passing the savings on to *us*!

I still don't see how Marvel vs Capcom 2 is worth that much though >.>
Old 08-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Because it is pure awesome in digital format. It is also hard. Not just hard, but bitch hard. Plus, there's this cactus that wears a sombrero. Why are you still reading this post? Go download this thing, now!
Old 08-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Enthusiast

It's not like they made the game for arcade though, they just ported it over. They are making sales that were already made pre xbox 360.

Also I'm not a fan of that genre anyway :P
Old 08-11-2009, 03:33 AM
Savant

Why bring it up, then?

There are many other games, some worth the money, some not. That's one thing I think XBLA has over the other services: Trial games. You can try out any game on XBLA before you buy. Because I've been able to try before I make a purchasing decision I've found a few games I'd have otherwise ignored.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:46 AM
Enthusiast

The fact you can trial beforehand is pretty good actually. I would never have bought peggle without the trial.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:02 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
Also if you've got a subscription to certain mags (OXM) they'll slip in a demo disc of some up-and-comers that let you trial a few things. That's how I found out about Braid, Poker Smash, Puzzle Quest and Civilization Revolution. Whcih I'm having a blast with btw. It's the only game that, if you industrialize your military techs fast enough, you can send out tanks and bombers to dominate other countries who are still using pikemen and archers in the year 1700. Good stuff.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Enthusiast

Bonemane is a jewel in the community Bonemane is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Bonemane Send a message via MSN to Bonemane Send a message via Yahoo to Bonemane Send a message via Skype™ to Bonemane
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo65 View Post
WRT the paying for avatar clothes, I support Stallion83's opinion: If you really feel like throwing money away, give it to charity.
Yeah I have never really gotten why people throw away money on avatar clothes and on clothes that take out immersion and are completely out of setting in games like MapleStory or Ragnarok Online. In maplestory, a game about fighting monsters with swords and stuff you see guys running around with nike shoes and jordan t-shirts + shorts. I mean do people realize they're giving ridiculous amounts of cash for a pixelated shirt that took seconds to draw up and cost absolutely nothing to make? Its the ultimate scam.

Although I have to say, having a gunslinger wearing Vash the Stampede's red coat + Kakashi's Headband and mouthmask + Devil's Wings in Ragnarok Online = UNHOLY AWESOMENESS

Old 08-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
one of the things that I worry most about is if it will last to be worth the money. Peggle definately lasts, and Braid is just so much fun that everyone has to play the whole story. yeah MS are thieves, but they also can get Xbox 360 users some exclusive content which i hope comes from our pain and hard work which takes the form as money.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Enthusiast

I don't care about the exclusives though. Nobody win. Only one console gets to play them, and the makers sell les of their game than if it was cross console. Well they would if they didn't get a tidy sum of money from the console owners anyway. I have nothing against random users of PS3, why would I want to invest money to make sure they can't play games? :P