11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Hello Universe!

Old 08-09-2009, 04:28 AM
Enthusiast

boycotting has set foot on a distinguished road
Smile hey fellow gamers.
i just was surfing the web, looking through some tutorials & i came across this site, i thought i would make a account and be part of the game, since i am a gamer and would like to share my experiences. i love first person shooters, and i just started to get into the need for speed series, i just beat need for speed carbon, (the ending was horrible) uhm, i've been a button pusher since the nitendo 64 came out, dad had gone in the middle of winter to get me one for my 5th birthday when golden eye double o7 had came out, it was a great game, and got me into first person shooters, ever since i've been gaming. i've got most of my family involved with gaming, its a great family oriented kinda thing. (:

glad to meet yall and hope to hear some of your experiences also. take care.

also you guys can add me on xbox live my gamertag is: boycotting you guys can add me i dont care, i enjoy a good challenge and game online!
Last edited by boycotting : 08-09-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:12 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
Welcome to GamerDNA!

You know I hear people still play Goldeneye to this day. I loved that game, it was one of the earliest FPS's - and a movie tie in to boot - that was done right, tight and....out of sight? (man that was lame).

Anyway, welcome, have a look around, and enjoy yourself!

Old 08-09-2009, 07:00 AM
Enthusiast

First of all, thanks for the welcome!

Second of all, i still play golden eye sometimes, when i feel like not being lazy and hooking up the 64, its still fun to play to this day, and yes the movie was awesome to that game, it was amazing.

i've had a look around,feels like the place ill be hanging around alot, thanks for the great response!
Old 08-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Goldeneye for the MASSIVE win. I was nowhere near as good at FPS as I am now (pride, ego, self-regard maybe but it's true. I can't help it. lol) back then but I still managed to whup people I played with consistently (boasting, bravado, gloating. But also true. lol). Fond memories of it and the N64 in general...

In other news... Welcome to the Alamo (aka GamerDNA)!!!

(This post brought to you by Keystone Light. lol.)
(I use parentheses alot.)

Old 08-09-2009, 07:30 AM
Enthusiast

lol thanks for the welcome, glad to be here, part of this site/forum, you guys rock. it's hard to find a good gaming forum, i've stalked a lot of forums through the last couple of weeks, and so far, this is the only one i like, most of them gloat about how good they are and so on, i just cant see myself being around that kinda trash talk..
Old 08-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
I know what you mean. I was frequenting COD4forums for a while (because CoD has been my main MP game for the past two years) and it was just a LOT of egos and self importance (at least I remember it that way). So much so that I gave in and found myself posting I'm right, you're wrong and I'm better than you type of posts.

What I love about GDNA is that most members have adopted the mantra that you can only learn and grow through listening and observing, and they respect others' opinions. At least that's what it seems like to me...

Last edited by echo65 : 08-09-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
That's what I like about this place, people who are funny and intellegent and actually talk to you in a language I can understand.

thank God it's not a forum or site full of this:

I m gtz m @ d pwnge skllz 'n l33t l00tz w/m sly3r n WoW. I pwn wrld. I pwn u. L8r n00bz.

my head hurts just thinking of the site I've been to and the people I've seen slaughter a language like that. I wonder if this is just an american cultural thing or does it happen overseas too?

Old 08-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Enthusiast

i'm pretty sure it happens over seas to, i'm sure its just not an american culture thing, but who knows.. oh them kids from japan, use the ''pwn'' phrase alot, because they think their king's of gaming.. lolz but they always get owned on cod WaW ): lets team up and get rid of this garbage talk!
Old 08-09-2009, 07:55 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
I know what you mean. I was frequenting COD4forums for a while (because CoD has been my main MP game for the past two years) and it was just a LOT of egos and self importance (at least I remember it that way). So much so that I gave in and found myself posting I'm right, you're wrong and I'm better than you type of posts.
it's still that way to this day, its pretty sad.. i can not stand forums like that, i dont know what makes people want to join something like that, i have to be able to have a normal conversation, i dont know, maybe its just me?
Old 08-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Enthusiast

I just thought of a new Jeff Foxworthy type joke:

If you can read
Quote:
I m gtz m @ d pwnge skllz 'n l33t l00tz w/m sly3r n WoW. I pwn wrld. I pwn u. L8r n00bz.
in less than two seconds, you might be a moron/acehole/epic failure.

Also, saw your gamertag/add me in other thread and I'll do so in few minutes. Just try not to be too freaked out by my stats on WaW. lol. I swear every time I turn voice comm over XBL back on all I hear is people talking about me...