11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Hello Universe!

Old 08-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Enthusiast

jimothyjim is community member of note
Print 'Hello World!'
Just like the good old days when I used to code dumb programs in python that would calculate the area and perimeter of user defined shapes ^_^ Although never actually being useful, it was always nice to know that if I did get curious about a common shape but was too lazy to do any calculations, it would have been there for me.

Anyway....hi there. I've looked at a load of sites about gaming, but they either only cover one platform, or they cost money or blah. This site however seems like a nice place for all gamers to congregate, then morph into one giant uber-gamer and take to the skies before the inevitable raining down of hellfire. Or just congregate to talk, we'll see how things pan out I guess.

So, gaming history. I think the first game I played was some kind of handheld tetris game when I was like, 5 or 6 , and then when i was about 8 I got my own Sega Master System II. Not too long after I also recieved a Commodore 64. Occasionally I got to play on a fabled Playstation at a friends house, but for me it was a bit more basic. About 11 or 12 we finally got a computer so I did the general rounds of Thief and Half-life and Dungeon Keeper. Then when I was 15 I finally got a PS2 and started gaming more regularly. Now I'm 19 (well, I will be on the 19th of August) and I own an Xbox 360 and I just built a nice new computer for uni which I'm tempted to start using for gaming purposes. I've played a lot of other consoles at random points in my life of course but most people will have stoped caring and/or reading a while ago so I'll end my gaming history at that I think :P

Summary: Hi, I play games sometimes. Nice to meet you.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:29 PM

Porkskin is community member of note
Well that was descriptive, good job. What games do you play on Xbox 360? Thats about the only online console i have besides Pc. Gamertag is McGough777 (it's irish) Add me if you want, and welcome to GamerDNA
Old 08-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Enthusiast

I don't do a huge amount of multiplayer gaming on my Xbox 360, I occasionally play CoD4 til I get frustrated by consistently getting beaten. The only game I've played a lot online is probably Battlefield: Bad Company. The slower pace and bigger maps suit me better I think. Thanks for the welcome
Old 08-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Enthusiast

JinTetra is a jewel in the community JinTetra is a jewel in the community
Welcome to gamerDNA, jimothyjim! ^_^

You dun said a lot of vocabumalarium that don't make a heckuvalot a' sense ta me about pythons and perimeters and polygons, but you called the PlayStation 'fabled', so you must be one of the good guys! And you're right, we must band together and form up Voltron if we are to survive.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
tl; did read. Just kidding... No really... lol
I prefer longer, more descriptive intro posts. Probably because my GDNA intro was short and crappy.

Quote:
This site however seems like a nice place for all gamers to congregate, then morph into one giant uber-gamer and take to the skies before the inevitable raining down of hellfire. Or just congregate to talk, we'll see how things pan out I guess.
Nice. Reminds of Power Rangers back in the day. (you know, the way EVERY show ended).
Speaking of programs, my first dumb (but sweet) program was on BASIC that turned the middle row of the keyboard into a piano... I was 12. Nerdy I know...

Anyway, welcome to debug dialog (aka GamerDNA)!! ERROR. ERROR.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Enthusiast

I looked it up and apparently Voltron was defender of the universe. I'm not sure the whole universe is feasable, we'd still have to take breaks to game or eat. I like the name though. Maybe if we spell it Voltr0n we can avoid any copyright enfringement too.

I do remember Power Rangers vaguelly. They seemed to get giant vehicles from nowhere, and then morph said giant vehicles togther. Somebody would always get hit and then it would cut to their little vehicle compartment and sparks would shoot out and stuff. Or perhaps my vivid imagination is just running away with me.

That BASIC keyboard program sounds more complicated than my shape program, mine was mostly a giant mass of if statements and while loops.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:14 PM

SwordFish95 is a jewel in the community
yep, whenever the Power Rangers fought, sparks flew...instead of blood. hehe

Welcome, jim!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:21 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Because they were robots not teenagers!

Hello and Welcome!

The whole morphing into one uber gamer remidns me of a Stargate Atlantis episode with the replicators where Rodney says they all morph into one uber replicator of doom!!!!oneone!!11

Old 08-09-2009, 02:42 AM
Enthusiast

I used to watch that show too, only on a Sunday though because I didn't have school or anything, and there's not much else on during the day. Actually that might have been Stargate SG1 coming to think about it, I'd imagine them to be similar shows though.

Thanks for the welcomeness everyone, if that wasn't a word before it is now...
Old 08-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Enthusiast

dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimothyjim View Post
That BASIC keyboard program sounds more complicated than my shape program, mine was mostly a giant mass of if statements and while loops.
You kids today have it to easy, back in my day we used BEQ and JSR and we LIKED it!

Seriously though, welcome to GamerDNA, a site that welcomes whippersnapperish gamers as well as us old farts ;-)