11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Hello Universe!

Old 08-07-2009, 04:00 PM

SouZou has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SouZou Send a message via Skype™ to SouZou
Red face Hallo, everybody =]
I finally got around to making an account on here, and I thought I'd introduce myself. =]

Started gaming before I could remember; my mom got a NES and Zelda for her birthday the year I was born, so I've been a button masher since day one.

For the most part, I play just about any game except for RTSs. I don't know, something about those is just really unappealing for me. I tend to stick to FPSs and RPGs, with the occasional late-night puzzle game thrown in there.

Oh, and I'm an ex-DDR/ITG tournament player. Man, those were the days.

These days, I'm mostly a PC gamer. Don't have the extra money to spend on a console just yet, but I'll probably end up with an Xbox360 in the somewhat near future.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:14 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Greetings! Your mother started you off on a diet of Zelda? Pass me that statuette, we've got ourselves a winner for Mother of the Year!

New discovery: It is really hard to type when my cat insists that he must be on top of my forearms at all times.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Hello and Welcome!

My cats likes my legs not arms so = P

Old 08-07-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
Greetings! Your mother started you off on a diet of Zelda? Pass me that statuette, we've got ourselves a winner for Mother of the Year!

New discovery: It is really hard to type when my cat insists that he must be on top of my forearms at all times.
Haha, yeah, my mom's about as much of a nerd/gamer as myself.

Oh god, story time. I walked past her computer once and saw she was playing Warcraft. When I asked her what she was up to, she replied, "I'm building an army worthy of Mordor."

And my cat tends to just climb all over me and my desk when I'm gaming. It's very much a series of "HEY! LISTEN!" moments.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
Hello and Welcome.

I was a PC gamer when I was younger now I grind on the consoles and handhelds.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthOdium View Post
Hello and Welcome.

I was a PC gamer when I was younger now I grind on the consoles and handhelds.
I love the handhelds. It's taking all of my willpower to not go out and buy a PSP just for the FF Tactics remake. I want to plaaaaaay
Old 08-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
My cat tends to be too busy sleeping to care about anything I do. Since everyone so far in this thread seems to have a cat it'd be interesting to see a GDNA-wide cat/dog poll. Back to business... FPS and RPGs ftw!!

Welcome to the space at the bottom of the rabbit hole (aka GamerDNA)!!

Old 08-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
I can understand that all to well. I just beat SMT: Devil Survivor a while back and now I'm dancing around like a school girl waiting for Persona 1 for the PSP.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouZou View Post
I love the handhelds. It's taking all of my willpower to not go out and buy a PSP just for the FF Tactics remake. I want to plaaaaaay
It's not so much a remake as it is a slight re-jiggering. They cleaned up the translation (Thank God!)(Or YHWH, or Allah, or Xenu, or Goddess, or whatever your personal predilections point you towards), added some kick-ass cutscenes with actual voiceovers, and rebalanced some of the jobs.

The one I'm waiting for (with bated breath and everything) is Dissidia:Final Fantasy. I've been playing the demo practically non-stop since I downloaded it off the PSN. Here's the trailer, for those of you following along at home:

Fun Fact: Every time this game is mentioned, an angel gets his wings.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast

I like the way Dissidia:Final Fantasy looks but I'm not a huge fighting fan anymore. I might buy it just to have it in my collection. If I remember correctly other then Kefka, Terra is in it too.

I really liked FF3/6 back on the SNES so I might get it just to have those characters.