11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 09-11-2009, 04:05 AM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Need help from the gamer community!
Could I please ask for your help and support? It's for the daughter of two gamers (me and Cessation), some of you may remember us talk about Hannah as she's often hospitalized with asthma.

If you could please go to this link:
http://family.go.com/princess-pictur...and-out-12491/

(For those using Firefox I sometimes have problems pulling this up with Firefox, you may need to use IE or another browser. If the link still does not work for you let me know and I'll troubleshoot)

Please vote for Hannah, I would really appreciate it! Please pass this along to whomever you can think of as well, I'm hoping to really rally some support for her and surprise her with a win! Feel free to email, twitter, repost, you name it! Also, you can vote once a day so if you could please remember her for a few moments in your very busy lives it would be wonderful!

As most of you know, if there was ever a little girl who has more than earned it, it's Hannah! I would love to make this dream come true for her!

To make a long story short they are looking for the princess who is the "fairest of them all." If you'd like to know more about why I'm hoping you'll vote for my Hannah, her is her story:

My Princess Story
When we say Hannah has always been a princess we mean it in more ways than one; she's always been one since birth, and she is always a princess, 24 hours a day, both inside and out!

Princess Hannah began claiming her title before age two. Hospitalized with severe asthma, when the nurse walked into her room and asked her what her name was, Princess Hannah replied without hesitation and to our surprise, "Tinkerbell!" From that point on and for every hospitalization since, Hannah is known as "Princess Tinkerbell Hannah" to the staff and other patients. She was even awarded her own princess wand during that first stay, and took great joy in granting wishes to anyone she encountered- staff and patients alike! The concept that she was not just a hospitalized little girl but a princess in their midst caught on quickly; her Albuterol treatments (to help her breathe) became known as "Princess Air," her iv port was her "Magic Button" and the chair small children are strapped into to hold them still for x-rays was her "Princess Throne." I've heard since then, because of the success of "Princess Tinkerbell Hannah's" first stay, they use these terms with other little "princesses" who come to the hospital to help ease their fears with treatments!

While we have many pictures of Princess Tinkerbell Hannah in full princess attire from the top of her tiara to the tips of her "glass" slippers, we felt this picture really showed how much of a princess she ALWAYS is, every minute of every day. Even relaxing on the couch before bed on an "ordinary" evening she has adorned herself with her Disney princess peignoir, stylish princess matching short robe, and in place of tiara and slippers, bedtime appropriate coordinating sleep mask and slippers! Hannah is all princess, all the time, 24 hours a day.

Fashion choices aside, we think what makes Princess Tinkerbell Hannah "the fairest of them all" is her heart. All princesses know it is important to be kind to all you meet, regardless of status or circumstance. Two years ago we became a foster family, and Princess Hannah found herself instantly moved from her place as baby of the family to a big sister of multiple younger "siblings." In a situation where many children might naturally feel uncertainty or even resentment, Princess Tinkerbell Hannah not only accepted the change but embraced it, adding a "Big Sister" button to her jewels and wearing it as proudly as a golden crown! She has patience and love for everyone she meets, but especially for the young kids who come into our home, often frightened, unsure and without warning. Princess Tinkerbell Hannah will be the first one waiting for them with open arms for a hug, kind words of reassurance, and even one of her favorite dolls or stuffed animals for THEM to sleep with for comfort- and a reminder she will always be near if they need her!

As you can now see, Princess Tinkerbell Hannah is inside and out, 24/7, most definitely the fairest of them all!

Old 09-11-2009, 04:34 AM
Enthusiast

lotusthefallen is a cornerstone of the community lotusthefallen is a cornerstone of the community
Send a message via AIM to lotusthefallen Send a message via MSN to lotusthefallen Send a message via Yahoo to lotusthefallen
I'm a sucker for kids. I'm voting. And I'll see to it a few of my friends do too. ^^

Old 09-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Awww you got me shot me in my undead heart = )

I voted for her and even made a fake account to help = )

I told my real life friends on facebook to so that should help a little

Old 09-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Thanks so much, both of you! We really appreciate it!

We haven't even told Hannah about this yet- we figure then, no matter what, we can at least bring her to the page and say "LOOK at all the people who voted for you!!!"

I know that alone will make her day!

Old 09-11-2009, 03:09 PM

PsychoMASHUGANA is a jewel in the community PsychoMASHUGANA is a jewel in the community
I did it! I'm such a sucker for little kids.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
= ) no problem Armaya

Old 09-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Voted. And I'll post a link for my FB friends to vote as well.

Old 09-14-2009, 02:06 AM
Founding Member

Thank you so much! With everyone's help, hopefully she'll catch the attention of the judges. I just wish those who "stumbled" on the site would read the stories as well as look at the pictures!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
No problem. I have some sort of idea what you're going through, since I was diagnosed with a mild form of it myself that comes and goes, especially during the Spring pollen season, though I haven't been hospitalized for it.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Founding Member

Dvader83, I'm sorry you have to deal with it at all. For Hannah it's very scary, she's been hospitalized every winter of her life and averages about 4 ER trips a year. Last winter was the worst since her first one, she was on oxygen for days. The only trigger we can find is the cold weather.

It was so bad last winter we had thought we would send her to asthma camp this summer, but we got scared of her even being gone there! At this point it seems like the only way to help her any more is to move to a warmer climate.