11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 08-05-2009, 08:12 PM

Arrakiv has set foot on a distinguished road
... when you're happy the Steam release of the old Lucas Arts graphic adventures has come out so you can replay classics, and not finally get to play them.

... when you compare EQ to a DikuMUD and not WoW to EQ, or a newer game to WoW.
Watch the Xeno Pro Remove Lag in EQ2

...Have a guild or a clan? Want to break your name out in a big way? Send me a message. But, shh! It is a secret...
Old 08-05-2009, 08:39 PM

MrODoyle is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to MrODoyle
Game Genie, FTW!

...you know why you should hold down reset before turning the power off on an NES.

...you were nervous when you forgot to do it.

...you know who jumps higher, Mario or Luigi.

...you know which boards to use Peach on.

...you played the ORIGINAL Castle Wolfenstein.

...you know how to say "Qix."

...you know that Donkey Kong had a son long before Diddy Kong.

...you know that there was, is now, and forever shall be, only 1 James Bond game, and it is Goldeneye. Amen.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Enthusiast

KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrODoyle View Post
Game Genie, FTW!

...you played the ORIGINAL Castle Wolfenstein.

oh god yes the original monochrome very deep wolfenstein.. god that game was awesome....

hehe i'm really happy i made this thread, i'm glad theres so many of us around!

anyway.. you know your a long time gamer when: you find this joke hillarious:

Ever since the age of 12 bob spent his whole life playing Doom and Doom2. He never really did much else... At the age of 40 something.. he died.

at the gates of Heaven, St. Peter said to him "so... well you never really sinned... ever so I cant damn you, but... well you never really did any good so we cant allow you into heaven... so while we figure out what to do with you, we'll give you 3 wishes..."

bob grins and says "great, give me IDDQD"
"whats IDDQD?" asks Peter.... "it doesnt matter" he just grants bob IDDQD "next?"

"gimme IDKFA!!"
Peter doesnt bother.. he waves his hands and grants bob IDKFA "and?"

"SEND ME TO HELL!!"

Old 08-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
Quote:
...you know you'll have to explain to your children one day how some of the best games only needed one button.
Some of the best games in history didn't even need buttons. Pac Man and Pong, for example.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
... You wonder why the need for more than a D-pad and two/three buttons on a controller.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:30 AM

Lianna has set foot on a distinguished road
"you miss the days games had you ripping your hair out in frustration"
Not only ripping my hair out, but biting my controller as well!
Old 08-06-2009, 02:21 PM

MrODoyle is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to MrODoyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lianna View Post
Not only ripping my hair out, but biting my controller as well!
Christ, why did I do that?
But at least the NES controller could take it. If you tried biting a Wiimote you'd probably crunch right through it.

You can't even THROW controllers anymore. Time was, you'd get hit by a Hammer Bros. hammer, you'd spike the NES controller, and it would more than likely just bounce back up into your hand. At the worst you'd have to worry about damaging your floor.

God Of War made me spike my SixaxiS. A mini-screwdriver and 4 hours later I was able to restore limited function to the R2 button.
I tell ya, they just don't make 'em like they used to.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
blowing into a cartridge to get it to work
putting a cartridge in with another one to get the first one you put in to work
getting use to that trigger on the back of the controller
Old 08-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Christ, why did I do that?
But at least the NES controller could take it. If you tried biting a Wiimote you'd probably crunch right through it.

You can't even THROW controllers anymore. Time was, you'd get hit by a Hammer Bros. hammer, you'd spike the NES controller, and it would more than likely just bounce back up into your hand. At the worst you'd have to worry about damaging your floor.

God Of War made me spike my SixaxiS. A mini-screwdriver and 4 hours later I was able to restore limited function to the R2 button.
I tell ya, they just don't make 'em like they used to.
Am I the only person on the internet who has never once broken a controller in frustration? I just hurl profanity at my television, then flip it off once I pass the section that is vexing me. Sometimes I even say "THAT'S how it's done, bitch.". This behavior makes my wife laugh at me.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:08 AM

NotU is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
Am I the only person on the internet who has never once broken a controller in frustration? I just hurl profanity at my television, then flip it off once I pass the section that is vexing me. Sometimes I even say "THAT'S how it's done, bitch.". This behavior makes my wife laugh at me.
I have never broken a controller in frustration either.

My Website