11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 11-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
I love this game the more I play it.

*Spoilers*

So I went to the Brecilian Forest to speak with the Dalish Elves and get them to join the fight. I had Zevran in tow along with Morrigan, and Sten. I left my new love Alistair at camp I didn't want him to be a part of what was to come. So after talking to everyone and even helping the elves out I went to the wolves. Well being the evil elf that I am, I decided to help the wolves out.

I had to listen to Zevran complain that I was going to kill a Dalish Clan, but since my cunning is so hi I told him it was for the better. After he agreed we went back to the elves and purged the forest of their filth. After the wolves agreed to help I returned to camp. I then went up to Zevran and asked him about the Dalish. He couldn't believe that I would ask after I killed them. He didn't like my response to the massacre and told him to get over it. I then followed up with giving him Dalish Gloves, although it did not rub him the wrong way. I did spent a lot of time laughing through the conversations.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
How the hell did you

*spoiler. . . maybe*

Side with the werewolves? i always end up siding with the elves >_> I WANT THAT ACHIVEMENT!

Old 11-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
*Spoilers*

I started by always trying to not fight the wolves. Always say you would rather talk, you will fight but only when you meet Whitherfang the first time. After I made it to the ruins and met Whitherfang as the spirit try to get the conversation to head towards revenge. After Whitherfang talks about what happened in the past tell them that killing all the elves is the better choice. The wolves will love the idea.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
ah ok, must run that through again then. Im getting tired of having 20 billion characters running through that forest >_>

Old 11-23-2009, 01:54 AM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
So, Dragon Age... fun game.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:47 AM
Guru

lol was that an attempt at getting this thread back onto soemthing interesting? I salute you my good sir!

Old 11-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah we did kind of stray for a bit.

The game is very fun it has some hiccups if you play the console versions but over all its a great game. If you love RPG and entertaing stories check it out.

Also Mishy I beat it over the weekend without a single mage. I won't do that again though, by the end I used more then 300 potions to keep the last 3 I had alive. Have you beating the one you had with no mages?
Old 11-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Guru

I beat it in the end, using only my main character = D andi had under 20 potions *poses*

Yes i did it on Normal solo = D managed to manage the Darkspawn properly and dodge the Archdemon;s attacks

Old 11-25-2009, 04:41 PM
More Famous Than Human

TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence TheHedgeWizard is bathed in a white light of excellence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
lol was that an attempt at getting this thread back onto soemthing interesting? I salute you my good sir!
No, I don't know what's going on, I just really like Dragon Age.

I suppose I'll boot up the old DNA account again, I tire of forum hopping between every individual RPG I play or band I listen to.

I beat the game last night! 41 hours in, attempted to get in all the mage's collective/blackstone irregulars/chanter's board/tavern job quests, but that never happened, wanted to resume the main quest because, aside from the companion quests, none of the side quests were really that engaging.

Played a rather cute looking Dwarf commoner rogue, specialized him as a ranger so I had another tank up front along Alistair, Sten, and Zevran (my usual party), and I stood in back with my bow... believe I hit a 688 with that, though probably nothing substantial compared to what I could hit as a mage.

Working on an Elf warrior now (suppose I'm sort of backwards with race/class choices yeah?), I'll run through more slowly now to get everything in (and perhaps in doing so get that Traveller achievement).

Actually got the Xbox 360 version in place of PC. I did the same with Oblivion; which of course I later got a couple years later in GOTY edition for the PC, because there's something about sitting back on the couch and admiring a widthy/lengthy hi-def plasma with a mere controller in hand that a 25" LCD (amidst whatever gathers on my desk), about a foot away from sitting uncomfortably in a wicker chair (that has got to be fixed), and arms out on the mouse/keyboard halting blood flow with wrists on the desk (they make cushy wrist things for the mousepad now, you know? though I prefer my autographed Ed Beard Jr. pad with the dragon and wizard design),... only leads to a tired, stiff back, whereas I can sit prolonged on the Xbox.

I've rambled long enough or so, merry travels in Dragon Age whatever shit you're playing, !
Old 11-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Guru

Haha nice Hedge, I think i finished all the job board quests but im not sure, i coildn't be stufed doing the Tavern, Mage and Blackstone quests myself