11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 11-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
How the hell did you beat the Archdemon >_> he keeps pwning me
Don't get me started on that boss. I was pulling my hair out last night.

I used Wynne, character that I won't say since it could ruin some story for some, Lelianna, and of course the MC.

So how I beat the Archdemon after 6 tries. My MC would use blood magic Blood Power, the barbarian yell. I'll have to look at what equipment I had all I know is he had the blood armor, a sword (with Enchantments...LOL I love the that kid. Enchantment? Enchantment!) and a shield.

Lelianna used the strongest bow and arrows I found. I would use her bard, and assassin skills with bow along with setting her up to use all her archer skills in tactics.

Other character I did nothing with they fought until they died.

Wynne would play healer and would use force field to protect. I would stay as her through most of the fight. Until the Archdemon loses half health.

After Archdemon jumped over to area that you can reach it. Lelianna would keep attacking it while other character tried to protect her and Wynne would heal and attack darkspawn. The MC use the large bow/arrows to hit it until it returned to an area I could attack it. After it came back over other character fell Lelianna ran out of bow and had to switch her over to sword and shield. Then played as MC until he jump onto the demon for the final blow. I used all my potions from healing to magic. I had over 200 of each potion.

I think I got lucky on beating it last night. I don't think I'll play it on hard. I got worked over playing this game on normal.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Well Morrigan pissed of Wynne and she died so i havn't even ever had Wynne.

Leliana only has 2 swords, i have Loghain (Crappy Alistair ripoff) and Shale.

Lets say we get pwned way to much. can't do any damage to that dragon and when he gets to around 1/4 hp left the darkspawn kill me easy (can't reach the ballista to stun the dragon and fight off all the darkspawn solo with just my MC because all the other characters die and none of the army units are useful enough to help >_<

Old 11-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
Hmmm....well unless Morrigan has healing skills you might want to bring down the difficulty to Casual. If you already have it down and only healing potions then you might be S.O.L. I had to micromanage my healer more than anything in the game and I had to change the default setting so all my people followed me and attacked what I attack. The moment they went off and did something stupid I lost. I spent more time starring at the health on the left side of the screen then the game.

I see you got Loghain too. I thought I was doing a good deed by getting everyone to work together, well my next game play I will not be that nice. I liked Alistair.

When the darkspawn showed up I made sure they all died before I continued my attack on the demon. I had no problem with the darkspawn because most of my weapons had a +10 VS darkspawn so one hit would kill them.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:56 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
i already one hit the Darkspawn besides Alphas and the dragon keeps wacking me even though i got dwarves swarming around him so im getting all this damage done to me while im killing Darkspawn >_> SOLO

I AM on casual thats what so embrassing. I know what you mean by Loghain to = ( and Morrigan left to because i didn't get Loghain to do the deed >_> so im stuck with

Loghain
Shale
Leliana

No bloody mages left!

Old 11-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
You need mages, mages are OP.

Actually, you need Wynne, Wynne is OP. She never runs out of mana with Vessel of the Spirit + Spellbloom/Mass Rejuv, and to top it of I picked them on Morrigan too just in case I'd need it, turns out I don't.

Since she can outheal everything (With Alistair decked out and tank specced anyways) and never run out of mana, I never die.

But yeah, this is on the default setting, normal I think?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Guru

One. Wynne saw Morrigan, Wynne got Pissed, Wynne got her ass handed to her. No more Wynne

Two. Morrigan got piseed at me for not having her babies. She left

Three. Alistair got pissed because Loghain became all good. He left. Bastard

Four. I can't be stuffed going ALL the way back to my Orzamarr save to start this crap over

Old 11-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
One. Wynne saw Morrigan, Wynne got Pissed, Wynne got her ass handed to her. No more Wynne

Two. Morrigan got piseed at me for not having her babies. She left

Three. Alistair got pissed because Loghain became all good. He left. Bastard

Four. I can't be stuffed going ALL the way back to my Orzamarr save to start this crap over
Make like de Koreans: Spam pots.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Enthusiast

WOW! Not a single mage...I can see where you're having problems.

I was dating Morrigan when I met Wynne and told her everything would be ok. Then gave Morrigan her kid and told her I'd look for her later. Then I though I would have the perfect peace. Alistair would marry and Loghain would be spared...well he said no to the marriage then he said HELL NO to sparring Loghain.

Anyway I'll have to play with that scenario to see if I can help. I looked up other blogs to see if anyone else had the same scenario and so far that's a no. So I'll be the fool and mimic your story, and see if I can win without any mages.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:09 AM
Guru

its my character that looks awesome aswell = ( i don't want to have to remake her!

I didn't give Morrigan her kid and that made her leave, Alistair refused to marry and to save Loghain and pissed off so the characters that i had put my heart and soul into left me within the space of 5 minutes along with all the good gear. Bastards

Old 11-12-2009, 02:33 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
I put it aside for a few days to play Modern Warfare, also i was dreaming about this game in an unhealthy fashion. So I gave it some rest.

But even still, I find myself going: Enchantment? Enchantment!

My lord that boy is a hero.