11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Hello Universe!

Old 08-01-2009, 10:33 AM

MCLKushiel has much to be proud of
Introducing... Myself...
Hi, my name is Alson Salmon Kaw, born Aug 18, 1990, which makes me 19 this year. I'm a Student/Creative Director located in Singapore.

Grew up in Singapore and Italy. Knowledge whore, college student, amateur music producer, technological ninja, DotA junkie, aspiring motion graphics designer, bumbling photographer, food lover, tie nut, serial reader, SALMON...

Plays the piano and electric guitar. Started a band since 2004, named Archaic Graverobbers. We play intrumental rock music. (Those without vocals

I call myself a graphic designer first and foremost, if only to impress the girls, yet I have skills and passions in many areas of computing, internet, design, usability and troubleshooting. Okay, I lied a little. I'm not passionate about troubleshooting but I seem to have a mind that's tuned to that sort of thing. The bit about impressing girls is true though. It happened once.

I have been called a simpleton and while that might sound boring, I like to make all my designs as simple, practical and logical as possible and if I manage to make them look great too then I feel I've succeeded. I'm really not a 'wow' kinda guy, but I do create stuff that works nicely and looks good. To quote Charles Mingus, "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity".
Old 08-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Greetings! Graphic designer, check. In a band, check. Into games, check. Salmon, check. Ok, this all looks good. If you'd just like to sign here, here, here, here, and initial here, here, here, here, put your thumbprint here, blood sample here, (EWWWW! I did NOT ask for a semen sample! Why do you even carry that around with you?) and I think we're good to go! Welcome, and enjoy your stay here at gamerDNA!
Old 08-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Hello and Welcome!

Ignore Mykal he's taken over the hyper part lately

Old 08-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
I'm just trying to keep myself awake over here! I coughed rather than slept last night and I have 14 hours of work ahead of me! Piss off!
Old 08-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Enthusiast

Bonemane is a jewel in the community Bonemane is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Bonemane Send a message via MSN to Bonemane Send a message via Yahoo to Bonemane Send a message via Skype™ to Bonemane
Wow seems like you're into alot of things! Being a technological ninja and in a band is awesome!!

Enjoy your stay at gDNA.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Enthusiast

JinTetra is a jewel in the community JinTetra is a jewel in the community
Welcome to gamerDNA, MCLKushiel! ^_^

That's quite a rez-oo-may. It's a distinct possibility that you may be a great deal more rounded and successful than me. You will be assimilated!

For cereal though, meeting someone who is two years younger than me, who also grew up abroad, has their goals and priorities in order, is multi-talented, is in a band, AND is a ninja salmon, well, it's rather intimidating. Gotta applaud you. I shall now friend request you in the hopes that some of that golden, shiny success will leak into my own brain one day.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Great intro post. You will do well here. Renaissance man ftw! Welcome to the giant tiki bar in the sky (aka GamerDNA)!

Old 08-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Famous Member

Crystalia is a jewel in the community Crystalia is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Crystalia Send a message via MSN to Crystalia Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalia
Hi Alson!

Welcome to GamerDNA!

It's awesome to see people like you joining us here.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:38 PM

Nikolete is community member of note
I am new as well, so I like getting to know the initial enrollment class for the gamerDNA this semester.

So I hope we may pass each other in the dorms, and look forward to flashing you!

Old 08-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolete View Post
I am new as well, so I like getting to know the initial enrollment class for the gamerDNA this semester.

So I hope we may pass each other in the dorms, and look forward to flashing you!
Hey! That kind of thing is wildly inappropriate, and therefore should be reserved for the senior class!

Consider yourself chastised.