11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Hodge Podge

Old 08-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Never read the Books, was forces to sit through half of a film once, can't say I was impressed. Its a kids franchise so I never paid it much attention, so this new film (the last one supposedly) can be consigned to the anals of history.

And when I say anals, I mean its fans.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
I wouldn't say anal, per se. Taint, yes, but anal is a bit too far.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Harsh, but accurate.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Must Be Evil

Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mia is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Hey! I'm neither an anal or a taint.

This movie really couldn't compare to the book - and I'm not particularly pleased with some of the changes they made. And they focused too much on the "strange new feelings" and cut out too much of the important stuff (but I still enjoyed the movie).
Old 08-05-2009, 02:38 AM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Yep, ditto Mia.

They had to work hard to try to condense all the stuff from the book to fit the movie, and left out/changed a lot of the wrong things, imo.

If you liked the book, it seemed most thought the movie was okay (because you also remember everything from the book!) If you don't remember the book, or you've never read it and you're going on the movie alone, I could see how it would be annoying.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:47 AM

n3rd is a jewel in the community n3rd is a jewel in the community
Send a message via ICQ to n3rd
This movie made me wanna club baby seals...

IŽll rather bind myself to my chair and scratch my eyes out (yes, after binding myself to the chair) then being forced to watch anything else from this "franchise"...
Old 08-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Enthusiast

arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community
I haven't seen the movie and I think I'll probably avoid it since it has been confirmed to be exactly what I expected. I didn't like the book because of all the angst so I know I'm not going to enjoy the movie if that's all they focus on.

Now, I am looking forward to the last book in movie form. I want to see Mrs. Weasley go all "mama bear" and kick some butt.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:14 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
I should probably finish reading "Deathly Hollows" at some point. The other books were fun, not exactly great examples of literature, but I can see why they're popular. Didn't have as much fun with the movies, and that's not because I found Hermione to be strangely attractive.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Haha its ok Mykal i think every guy that i know went through some stage of that i think

Old 08-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
IDidn't have as much fun with the movies, and that's not because I found Hermione to be strangely attractive.