11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Hello Universe!

Old 07-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
Welcome to gamerDNA!

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:40 PM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
I found out about GDNA thru following Sam Houston(aka QforQ) on Twitter after he was mentioned by someone. That and the 'Tweet my Gaming' advert that shows up on Twitter. So apparently the Twitter integration strategy was a good one for GDNA. Also, great thread title.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:47 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
So what cuisine is your particular program focused on? Or is it more of a general cooking skills degree? I'm partial to Asian cooking (loves me some curries) but I've had some wonderful stuff from all sorts of cuisines. Tell me: you a subscriber to Cook's Illustrated? Best. Magazine. Ever.

Back to gaming: Greetings! Game (and cook) on!
Old 08-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
Right now it's just a general studies course, but I personally want to focus more on English cuisine. Things like Banoffee Pie (Bananna and toffee hence Banoffee), Cornish pasties (which on the outside look like fruit turnovers but are filled with beef, onions and potatoes), and any dish that has Licolnshire sausage as the main dish (best. damn. sausage. ever).

That sort of thing. I think maybe it's because of the history and the experimentation that some of the dishes went through (good example would be a Knickerbocker Glory, which in america is simply called a Parfait. Which one would you want to eat/try first though?)

From there I don't know, maybe try my hand at more italian recepies and maybe something thai or japanese. I'll take it one at a time, see what I'm good at, see what I'm GREAT at, and see what I need to build upon and study/experiment with some more. But all in all I'm having a blast doing it.

And yes, I am a subscriber to several cuisine magazines. I'd consider myself an kitchenknob (what my last year's teacher called lazy/awful chefs) if I wasn't

Old 08-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Next to gaming, cooking is a major passion of mine. Not open-a-restaurant passion, but passion all the same. I love watching people enjoy the dishes I've made, especially if I came up with them at the last minute with maybe an hour or so prep time.

Glad to see you're concentrating on English cuisine. It gets a bad rep that was probably deserved at some point, but some of the best chefs in the world are starting to come out of England, and the food is being elevated far beyond its origins.

One cuisine that I'd love to master is southern BBQ. Memphis style ribs, carolina style pulled-pork, texas style brisket, hush puppies, collard greens. You know, the stuff that makes cardiologists make that little cash-register "ka-ching" sound.

When did this become a forum about cooking?
Old 08-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
When did this become a forum about cooking?
You did ask what area of cooking the OP was focusing on. Don't tell me you've forgotten already?

Old 08-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Mykal is old so he could've easily forgot. Just kidding of course.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:51 AM

Nikolete is community member of note
Welcome to gamerDNA!

As resident badass, I would urge you to really dive in head first with this gang. I am rather new myself, and have found the only way to survive is to get into the deep waters.

Enjoy your stay!

Old 08-03-2009, 06:38 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
Ok guys, just cause I feel the love in the room, I'll share with you my most top secret recipe for holiday fruit cake. Shhh, don't tell anyone else.

You will need the following:

Electric Mixer
Large Bowl

1 cup of water
1 cup of sugar
4 large brown eggs
2 cups dried fruit
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 finely chopped lemon
1/2 lb walnuts, (preferably black walnuts)
1 full bottle of Cooking Brandy

Step 1:
Sample Brandy to check for quality.

Step 2:
Get a large bowl..and put it down.....somewhere.

Step 3:
Check the Brandy again to ensure consistent quality. Yep, good stuff.

Step 4:
To be REALLLY sure it's the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Step 5:
Repeat.

Step 6:
Turn on the electric mixer n' beat one cup of butter in a large, fluffy bowl..

Step 7:
Make sure the Brandy is still okay.

Step 8:
Cry another tup jush to be shure...

Step 9:
SHHHIT, Turn off the mixer, it shhplattered dough everywhere! Shon of a Bish....

Step 10:
Beat two leggs n' add to the fuffly bowl, chuckin' out a cup of dried fruit.

Step 11:
Mix on the tuner. If the fired druit gets shtuck in the bleaterers, pry it looshh with a drewscriver...

Step 12:
Shample Brandy ta shuck for tonsisticity... ish it hot in here?

Step 13:
K. Next, swift two Sups of Calt. or. something.

Step 14:
Check the .aww hell jush finish off th' damn Brandy. If yoo haven't b'now....

Step 15:
Greash th' loven n' shet th' cake tin to 3500 degreeh.es..

Step 16:
Don' forget ta beat off the turner thish time.

Step 17:
HeeeEEEEY. theresh more Brany in the cub...the cubb...the cubbord. Be'er sheck it fer conshit'n'she...hey, why's the room spinnin'?

Step 18:
Shrew Cruit Bake. No one likesh it anywa...(pass out).

Old 08-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Thanks for that.