11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > Hello Universe!

Old 07-31-2009, 05:37 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
F.N.G.
Well, I suppose I should finally introduce myself to everyone here. My name is Marcus, currently living in Virginia while I complete my 4 year Cullinary courses here (2 years down 2 more to go...woohoo!)

I first started gaming when I was 6 years old on an old atari system (with the free games pong and space invaders!) and then moved on to NES, Playstation, PS2, and finally XB360.

During that time, I've seen the gaming industry grow up with me, as it tries to stay competetive in an entertainment marketplace that tries it's hardest to grab you and keep you in it's corner. I've watched as simple games like Donkey Kong and Missle Command have evolved into psychological, spiritual, or even emotional driven interactive 3D movies like Indigo Prophecy, KotOR, and Mass Effect.

It makes me feel old, sure, but proud to still be able to say "This old man's about to frag you n00bz like no tomorrow in The Forge. So don't take this ass whoopin' personally."

Good times. Good times.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:44 AM
Enthusiast

JinTetra is a jewel in the community JinTetra is a jewel in the community
Welcome to gamerDNA, wastelander75! ^_^

While you make it sound that I may be a tad younger and less experienced than yourself, I think I can safely say that I know what you mean about growing up alongside the industry. It's been heart-warming to watch gaming develop and become more sophisticated.

Get you some games on your profile, sah! We all wanna know what games you play so we know where to find you when we need an ass kicking!
Old 07-31-2009, 05:47 AM

Sharpshin has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sharpshin Send a message via Yahoo to Sharpshin
Welcome! I remember rocking out the Atari when my hands were barely big enough to move the joystick, Missile Command pwned my face.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:56 AM
Famous Member

Crystalia is a jewel in the community Crystalia is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Crystalia Send a message via MSN to Crystalia Send a message via Yahoo to Crystalia
Hiya Wastelander75!

Welcome to GamerDNA! Do you play on a PC or Game Console mostly?

I used to be a PC gamer only... now I'm more into consoles. Specially since we got an Xbox360 a month ago.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:11 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Cooking ftw! One of my favorite pastimes (Alongside gaming of course). Nice posts so far, but like Jin said you gotta fill out your profile a little more so we can all spy on y... ahem... compare games with you. Also... Welcome to the inside of a Quiznos toaster(aka GamerDNA)!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:08 AM
Enthusiast

Bonemane is a jewel in the community Bonemane is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Bonemane Send a message via MSN to Bonemane Send a message via Yahoo to Bonemane Send a message via Skype™ to Bonemane
Yeah its been fun growing up and seeing the gaming industry evolve over the years.

Cool my brother is into culinary stuff as well. He's going to start college next year.

Have a nice stay at gDNA!

Old 07-31-2009, 08:11 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
thanks for the comments guys (and gals). I'll see about updating a few things tonight, once I read up on a few things here.

Crystalia - I've played in Guild Wars for a while right up to the Factions expansion, but I've mostly stayed to console playing recently. I'm a huge fan of CoD4, Left 4 Dead (what? A tank? ...shah-chick ....bring it!), and right now I'm just traveling the wasteland of Fallout 3. That game is sick fun on so many levels. Nuke a town? sure why not -click- ooh what pretty mushroom clo-Moria is STILL alive?! Are you KIDDING me? LoL.

Now with classes starting up on the 24th time will be limited, but I'll pop in when I get the chance to.

Just curious though, how did you guys learn of this site? Me, I was reading an article online about Mass Effect 2 and one of the BioWare co-founders mentioned it while he was being interviewed. IMO this is the best site I've seen in a long while when it comes to a genuine gamer "community."

Anyway, I appreciate all your comments and I look forward to seeing and hearing from you all soon! Thanks!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:26 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Hello and Welcome!

If you ever get back into Guild Wars add me i jsut got into it now = P

Old 07-31-2009, 09:32 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Welcome to the community. Nice to have you join us.

I actually learned about the site through my membership at 360voice.com, which is run by some of the staff from this site. Both sites have become top favorites that I visit quite often.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:14 AM

SwordFish95 is a jewel in the community
Welcome, wastelander75!

Here's how I found GamerDNA...
I suppose summer boredom kicked in and I figured I'd search for a new social network to join. I had taken a class on Web 2.0 and Social Entrepreneurship and had looked at this Wikipedia list of social networking sites: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rking_websites

The first thing that popped into my head was gaming, so I searched the page for "game" and found GamerDNA.