11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Fan Fiction

Old 07-27-2009, 06:08 PM

Skaffa is a jewel in the community
Fallout 3 Fan Fiction
“Are you sure? Are you sure you’re going to leave the vault?”
Amata asked the manly figured silhouette. A raspy voice replied.
“Yes. I have to find my father.”
The silhouette pressed the button feared by every vault resident. The button that would open the vault. A high pinched sound echoed through the room as the vault door scratched the metal opening.
“Goodbye… Dirk.”
Amata said to the silhouette as a tear slowly moved down her cheek, blinking in the light that made its way through the cracks in the wooden door. That wooden door was the only thing between Dirk and the outside world.
“Thanks for all your help Amata.”
Dirk replied in again a raspy voice and he slowly opened the wooden door. Dirk was scared. He would enter a world unknown to him or to anyone inside the vault.
As Dirk opened the door a bright light hit his face. Dirk was a Mexican, with a rather big nose, brown eyes, straight eyebrows and small, tender lips. The bright light hit Dirk's eyes and blinded him. He raised his hand shielding his eyes from the sun. ‘So that’s the sun.’ Dirk thought to himself as his vision was slowly returning. Blinking a couple of times, Dirk could finally see again. A cold chill went down his spine and fear struck his heart. Dirk had seen pictures of how the world used to look like but this was unlike any picture he had ever seen. A wasteland.. A wasteland with only a couple of deformed trees standing. Roads cracked with the biggest cracks he had ever seen. Road signs bent over. Highways were gone, collapsed. Only a couple of the supporting pillars were still standing with only a few metres of highway still standing.
Dirk slowly made his first steps in this insane world. Slowly, he walked towards a road in front of him. There was a car. It looked intact, only a little rusty. Dirk pulled open the door but fell on the ground shocked. Sitting in the drivers seat was a skeleton and next to it another, but of just a little child… Dirk needed all of his courage to even stand up to this crazy world..

---

I named the hero Dirk because of the ridicously bad movie: Circuit II in which the hero is named Dirk. What a messed up name for a hero. Maybe the hero doesn't make sense because he's Mexican and all and named Dirk, but he's still bad ass when I continue this story. If people like it though.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:11 AM

Porkskin is community member of note
Good, but when you said Dirk was a Mexican i had to laugh.. being in texas almost everyone i know is -.-
Old 07-28-2009, 11:33 AM

Skaffa is a jewel in the community
thanks man.

yeah, i had to think of a hero and for some reason i wanted a Mexican. :P i guess i chose the hero to be a Mexican because i wanted something to counter the name Dirk.