11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Groups/Guilds/Clans > Guild Themes Design Workshop

Old 03-07-2009, 02:16 PM

Stormistress has much to be proud of
Red face Page Width takes Text off My screen
Hello, everyone!

I'm brand new to Gamerdna. I've decided to try my hand at creating a guild site, and I have come across one problem. All of my pages put the right portion of my text window beyond the right edge of my screen.

I'm using a 17" monitor, and have the resolution set to 1024x768. There does not appear to be any way to resize the pages in the settings, and I do not get a scroll bar at the bottom of the screen with which to move to the right.

As a result, about 1/4 of all the text cannot be read. Where do I find the page of column width settings so I can get the text back on my screen?

Thanks in advance, Stormistress
Old 03-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Savant

Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community Retodon8 is a paragon of the community
Send a message via ICQ to Retodon8 Send a message via MSN to Retodon8 Send a message via Yahoo to Retodon8 Send a message via Skype™ to Retodon8
Your guild site gets cut off if I limit my Firefox window to that resolution here as well.
I can't find a way to change the width either.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:49 PM

DavidStrong has much to be proud of
Interesting. I have a 19' set to that resolution .. but obviously the monitor size should not matter. Seems to work ok here (but then again my settings are quite hay-wire .. so i could be running a higher resolution).

The account could be made for larger resolutions only?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:51 PM

MegaManJuno has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to MegaManJuno Send a message via AIM to MegaManJuno Send a message via MSN to MegaManJuno Send a message via Yahoo to MegaManJuno
They need to allow the horizontal scroll bar at the very least instead of disabling it altogether in the themes. This would at least allow people seeing the issue to still read the full text (someone in my guild reported this exact issue to me last night regarding our site).
Old 11-24-2009, 10:09 AM

Flyingmoney is community member of note
I've made my guild's site here as well and here's what I've come up with...

I use a widescreen monitor, my brother doesn't. The site is displayed perfect on my screen but not his. An easy fix to this problem would be to change your zoom level on your internet browser.

The widest image I've used on my site has been 871...if you're using bigger than that, changing the zoom level to fit may just make the text too small to read...