11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 07-22-2009, 05:04 AM

n3rd is a jewel in the community n3rd is a jewel in the community
Send a message via ICQ to n3rd
Okay, sidequests.

Well, itīs a rather extensive topic, at least for me. In Oblivion and in some parts in Fallout 3 I loved them. Thereīs just nothing better than wandering around the world and stumbling upon some nice sidequest witch takes you to somewhere else and lets you do funny things

This goes especially for the kind of quest where you can influence any kind of setting in the world (f.e. Faction Behavior, a love-event, or actually changing something when you bash in the heads of the evil scavengers attacking random location x [Big Town in F3 comes to mind]). I also mod those two games extensively, being pc-gamer and all (even got a premium-account for FO3-Nexus and Oblivion-Nexus), witch lets you play some very nice player-created quest mods(some with huge storylines!).

That Wall-of-Text being said, what I hate is sidequests like in Mass Effect, witch already is a game thatīs mainly driven by the progression through the Mainquest. They mainly consist of "Land on planet X and slay Y, cheerio you did it". Some were remotely interesting (like solving a conflict through speech instead of violence), but most of the time..meh .

Thanks for reading,

n3rd
Old 07-31-2009, 05:09 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
I've heard some games out ther are so loaded down with sidequests that it leaves some players wondering what the main storyline was all about in the first place.

Perfect Example: Sacred 2. though from what my friends tell me, the main story isn't all that great anyway.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:01 PM

Nikolete is community member of note
I never really thought having to many would be that huge of an issue. My biggest suggestion is to make sure that you keep on top of the location of each said side quest. You don't want to be running across the world doing bit by bit.

My whole life I have been a power leveler, so time is of the essence. I am a female and impatient. So if I need to level, I want to level quickly. Not being organized and knowing what i'm doing can hinder that.