11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 07-06-2009, 08:18 AM

MisterUgly is a jewel in the community
Trash talking. I can't stand when someone does it to someone else in a game. Like a noob in L4D who doesnt quite know the ropes yet gets shitted on by a "pro" jerk because he/she doesnt know that the pistol reload animation is 45 frames longer than the uzi reload and that in combat that matters.

However I'm guilty of heavy trash talk in Burnout Paradise, win or lose, regardless of who I'm playing. Be it noob, pro or hell even my Ma. If we are racing you are no longer my friend until that checkered flag falls and it says 1st Place: Mister Ugly, 1st Loser: You.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:26 AM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetArcrep View Post
I gotta admit, i love watching Zombie B movies, shamefully, i dont have a collection, The only times I can get around to it is watching zombie season on sbs.
This is where Netflix on the 360 is a lifesaver. They've got a pretty decent list of zombie flicks, both good (Night of the Living Dead) to horrid (Day of the Dead remake). Availability might be a bit different in Australia, but you should check it out. I'm assuming here that you have an Xbox, which is not always a given. Of course you can watch instantly on your PC through the Netflix site.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
people who don't stop talking even though no one wants to hear him. when i get tired i get a little loopy and bored so I talk too much.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Enthusiast

dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by CthulhuDreams View Post
people who don't stop talking even though no one wants to hear him. when i get tired i get a little loopy and bored so I talk too much.
Yeah, I catch myself doing that, usually when I'm very wound up about something and the person I am talking with is not interested in the subject at all.

For me it is usually triggered when someone makes the mistake of casually bringing up the subject of computers, motorcycles or science in passing in my presence. And usually ends about 15 minutes after I should have picked up the hint that the other party would really rather we were talking about another subject. I really wish I were better at picking up on those subtle hints.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:43 PM

MrODoyle is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to MrODoyle
The only fishing game I ever owned was the one for the Dreamcast, because I was fascinated by the "motion controller." I'm always a sucker for a gimmick.

I think I'm guilty of using "gay (or gai)" as an insult, or a perjorative (i.e. "That's Gai," or "You're Gai.") and I hate it when people do it.

My favorite example is one of me playing Halo 3, having just started a match, launching with someone whom I've never met or played with before, and having him say "Major [sic] O'Doyle I'm right behind you...and you're gay."

That cracked me up.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:44 PM

Sharpshin has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sharpshin Send a message via Yahoo to Sharpshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrODoyle View Post
I think I'm guilty of using "gay (or gai)" as an insult, or a perjorative (i.e. "That's Gai," or "You're Gai.") and I hate it when people do it.
lol I used to say that quite a bit. I died, "That's gay..." etc. Then we got a gay couple in our guild that was really sensitive to it so I was cured of that quick fast and in a hurry. Of course I never really meant anything about the lifestyle by it, when I'd slip up I encourage them to use "straight" in the same sense, they never went for it though.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
"That's so straight!". You're right, it doesn't really work.

How about: "That's so transgendered!"?