11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 06-30-2009, 12:51 AM
Enthusiast

JinTetra is a jewel in the community JinTetra is a jewel in the community
The Hitman Timeline
I've grown quite fond of the Hitman games ever since I rented Contracts. I enjoyed it so much that I later bought the Trilogy pack that includes all the games except the very first one (because Contracts is, to an extent, a remake of the first game).

I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the order in which the missions over the last three games take place. It seems a bit confusing, but this guy offers his own timeline here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=943495&topic=41951618

Does anyone know how accurate (or inaccurate) that sequence of events is?
Old 06-30-2009, 03:27 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Wish I could help but I only played one mission of one of the games. . I would suggest keep on googling. Every series has those hardcore fans that know everything there is to know. Just have to find one online that likes to display his superior knowledge to others.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:28 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Wish I could help but I only played one mission of one of the games. . I would suggest keep on googling. Every series has those hardcore fans that know everything there is to know. Just have to find one online that likes to display his superior knowledge to others. Or keep bumping the thread till said experts join GDNA. lol.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast

Aw, echo, you gotta play more of the Hitman! The story-telling is top-notch, even if it is a little difficult to follow at times. And the guy who does Agent 47's voice is very talented.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:48 PM

Sharpshin has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sharpshin Send a message via Yahoo to Sharpshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JinTetra View Post
Aw, echo, you gotta play more of the Hitman! The story-telling is top-notch, even if it is a little difficult to follow at times. And the guy who does Agent 47's voice is very talented.
Yeah I was kinda surprised we didn't see him actually play Hitman in the motion picture since not only is the actual guy an actor, the game designers based the look of 47 directly off of him. I can understand wanting to tie a bigger name to the project, but I wasn't really a fan of Olyphant - he didn't really have the presence that the actor in the game seemed to have.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:41 AM
Enthusiast

Right you are, Sharpshin. *nods sagely*

The Hitman movie was poison for your eyes, but I suppose any true fan of the game series really didn't expect much from it. We all knew Hollywood wouldn't be able to capture the essence of the character, even if they tried.

That aside, I had never even heard of Olyphant until he became Agent 47 (if I had seen him in other movies, I didn't know it was him). When I first heard that the movie was in production, I wanted them to cast Jason Statham. I realize now the error of my ways, but at the time, I was enamored by Statham's sheer kick-assery in the Transporter movies.

Don't get me wrong, Statham is great. He really is. But he's no Agent 47. He DOES have presence, but not the same kind of presence that the Hitman exudes. Statham is flashy, a smart-ass, and often the cause of explosions. 47 is collected, always in control, and NEVER causes more action than is absolutely necessary to get the job done.