Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 07-07-2009, 12:54 AM

stiky can only hope to improve
Lightbulb Games like Splinter Cell/MGS/Fallout 3
i like the stealthy-ness of MGS
i like the missions in Splinter Cell: Double Agent
i like the game-changing choices in Fallout 3

are there any games much like these? OR games that mix it all together?! FOR THE PS3

Old 07-07-2009, 08:16 PM

xMac73 has set foot on a distinguished road
Ahhh... there's nothing quite like the MGS or Splinter Cell series.

I'm looking forward to the new Batman: Arkham Asylum game (available on the PS3 and X360). The previews have hit on how stealthy Batman is (or can be, depending on your style of gameplay). I doubt it'll be anything as good as MGS or Splinter Cell, but then, not many are. The gameplay vids and previews show the game as dark, suspenseful, and mysterious, so I'm looking forward to luking in the shadows and striking in complete anonymity.

It releases August 25, 2009. It has a TEEN rating which is disappointing to me --- I was hoping the game would be geared for a more mature audience.

Anyway, I doubt this is what kind of game you were looking for, but I thought I'd at least offer it. I really don't know of anything else that fits into what you're looking for short of Assassin's Creed or Hitman: Blood Money, but those are older games.

My 360voice Blog | My Xbox Profile
Old 07-07-2009, 08:58 PM

stiky can only hope to improve
ahhh yes, Hitman, i have all the games for PC and it is deffinitally subpar to SC or MGS. Assasin's Creed is alright, but i have beaten it to many times to wanna play it again

Batman... i am waiting for it to come out! it looks amazing
Old 07-09-2009, 07:47 PM

xMac73 has set foot on a distinguished road
This is off-topic, but... I see your location is British Columbia, Canada. I have family in Kelona, White Rock, and Vancouver. I hope to take my 2010 vacation to Vancouver for the Winter Olympics. I was there a few years ago... all the construction in the area getting ready for the Olympics was amazing!

Back on topic... I like dungeon crawling in Oblivion when I get that itch to be stealthy --- my sneak skill is at 100. It's kinda fun sneaking up on guys and them not knowing you're there, hehe. I'm hoping Batman has some great sneaky/stealthy gameplay elements or I'll be disappointed.

My 360voice Blog | My Xbox Profile
Old 07-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMac73 View Post
I'm hoping Batman has some great sneaky/stealthy gameplay elements or I'll be disappointed.
From what I have heard about the game, you're supposed to be able to do the classic Batman 'drop down out of the shadows' thing on unsuspecting bad guys. So sounds like stealth elements should be in the game.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:09 AM

Sharpshin has set foot on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sharpshin Send a message via Yahoo to Sharpshin
Asking for a similar game to Metal Gear Solid is like trying to find another Mona Lisa, really not going to find much that's going to stack up. The same could be said for Splinter Cell. You might try dipping into some of Tom Clancy's other titles like Vegas or Vegas 2. You lose the stealth appeal but they still have that tactical feel. As noted above the Hitman series and Assassin's Creed aren't bad but you've already gone through them. You might give Metal Gear Online a shot, there's not much depth to it but it might hold your attention.

As far as upcoming games of course the aforementioned Batman: Arkham Asylum looks really promising, I know I can't wait for it. There's also Spliter Cell: Conviction on the way, but it's for the 360 Might be able to cross your fingers for a PS3 port though, I haven't been following it so I'm not sure if they're going completely 360 exclusive for the title or not.