11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

View Poll Results: Modded Controllres are they Steroids for Gamers ?
YES ( some people need all the help they can Get ! ) 10 71.43%
NO ( i need all the help i can get ! ) 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2009, 04:14 AM

MRXBOXnVANBC MRXBOXnVANBC MRXBOXnVANBC
GameRs on ROIDS !
Would U not agree that people using Modded Controllers are the same as Pro Athletes on STEROIDS ? Is it fair that some gain from the ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES , while the majority play FAIR ??? The game makers can see that a Person can not shoot in a Perfect manor , so they should be able to Combat it !!! Will they ? My guess is when it becomes Cost Effective ! Meaning when the LAST OF THE LEGITS Stops buying games , they just might have 2 !!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dont Touch My Junk.jpg (19.1 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-24-2009, 04:31 AM
I hate hippies

EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness EvilAerosolCan is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
I would equate it more to better equipment, which is fine. It's not like gamers take drugs to speed up their reflexes. *coughcaffeinecough*

And learn to use grammar, please.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Luckily I think devs have learned from the modded controller debacle from CoD4 and are now hardcoding in solutions against any advantages gained thru modded controllers in multiplayer. Doesn't hurt anyone in single player though.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
I like those small attachments that you always include in your posts, they really add to the atmosphere.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:50 AM
Enthusiast

dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community dowekeller is a cornerstone of the community
I use an aftermarket wireless mouse, does that count. Oh, and I made my own paddle controllers for my Apple //e.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:47 PM

paperfan9000 is community member of note
I consider a modded controller in multiplayer the same as any other hacking; that is, if you're going to cheat, don't do it as an attempt to boost your "game-fame." There are far too many people who hack just to get achievements or something similar, rather than simply modding for fun.

That said, there is a large distinction between hacking (e.g., modded controllers) and illegal drugs. That is, hacking/modding does not alter the physical body of the player in any way, instead focusing on manipulating the hardware and/or software associated with the gaming platform. Drugs, on the other hand, are used to alter the body and/or its processes in a desirable manner, such as how steroids are used to increase muscle performance by directly changing how the muscles in the body do their job. I think I've made the point that the two are not synonyms.

PS: For future reference, please try to use proper grammar. I'd hate for someone to enter this thread, only to say "English, mother****er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!"
Old 06-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Enthusiast

Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community
Man, your shit is all kinds of crazy
Old 06-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Savant, but with a star!

Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED Sensational CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Sensational
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperfan9000 View Post

PS: For future reference, please try to use proper grammar. I'd hate for someone to enter this thread, only to say "English, mother****er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!"
We're not allowed to, besides, it's not like we (Well I atleast) didn't try it before.

It didn't work.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:33 PM

Soyle-sama is a jewel in the community Soyle-sama is a jewel in the community
I'm not entirely sure to what extent you're talking about a "modded controller". I myself have never used any modded equipment, because personally, I'd rather spend my money on more games, rather then learning how to mod my consoles/controllers. Because I'd rather not take the chance of ruining a controller or system somehow, and not be able to afford another.

As for it being cheating or not, like I said I'm not sure to what extent these controllers are being modded. I've never heard of a mod that really helps your in-game abilities. When it comes to aiming, as far as I know that's all on you yourself.

I have a Razer keyboard with 10 macro keys, and a 9 button mouse. So if you're talking about small mods like an extra button doing two things at once, or a joystick that's somehow easier to aim with (4000 dpi mouse), then I see it more as just having better equipment.

But once again I'd like to state for the record, I'm not sure to what extent these mods you're talking about go. I guess i'd have to say if it manipulates the game, then it's cheating. Plain and simple
Last edited by Soyle-sama : 06-29-2009 at 11:35 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-29-2009, 11:35 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
To me, this is a non-issue. I rarely play multiplayer, and when I do I play for fun and not for ranking. I could see how some might view using modded controllers as "cheating", but if you need to mod a controller just to win at a freaking video game you need all the help you can get.

Is there a short bus for gamers?

Oh, and Sensational, you're right. Using a single post to try to get people to change embedded internet culture is like trying to use a butter as a lever to tip over the Chrysler Building. The best those of us who can actually properly use the English language will just have to grit our teeth and soldier on. Unless I completely misread things and you were just referring to the use of the term "motherf****r". Could be either. Or both.

Also, a general question, as I know there are those here for whom English is not a primary language: I don't read forums in other languages, mostly because I don't speak any other languages, so is this a problem that is limited to just English, or are other languages finding themselves degraded?