11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 06-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Enthusiast

AlazarRamir is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to AlazarRamir
The Lost Crown, A Ghost Hunting Adventure
Seriously, has anyone ever heard of this game? I found it by total fluke and was very skeptical about getting it, but now I cannot put it down! Would like to know what people think of it.

For those who don't know much about it, got some pictures and a short description below:

This is the cover I have for it. However there is another one (at bottom)

The Lost Crown is a point and click adventure game which to be honest, I never heard of it till I came across it by accident. It's like most point & click games - big mystery; cryptic puzzles; enigmatic characters. However, this one has some features which has ensured that I don't put it down till the very end.

The Story of the game follows the main character who has gone into hiding after snooping through his boss' files and discovered some disturbing things - some paranormal activity. His flight takes him to the remote town of Saxon, where it would seem everyone has been waiting for him. upon calling his former employer to hopefully make amends, our reluctant hero gets roped into running a couple of experiments - investigating any possible paranormal activities. What he doesn't know is that his meddling starts to uncover a bigger, gruesome mystery.

One of the loves that I have for this game is that the atmosphere is done wonderfully. First off, the whole game is in black and white with just some hints of color. For instance, a blue light or brown eyes or green dragonfly. These little dabs of color blend in magnificently and manage to give a sense of foreboding.
The selection of background sound and music is also excellent - especially during your treks at night.

However, the one thing I absolutely love is the ghost gadgetry. Based on somewhat actual ghost detecting methods, it makes the ghost hunt that more intriguing. I wouldn't want to reveal some of the things that you can uncover, you'd ahve to see for yourself.

The few drawbacks are minimal. The main character's movements are stiff, which took me a while to ignore it (didn't really seem right) and sometimes paths are not so obvious.

Graphics: 9/10
The characters sometimes look a little bit iffy but the rest, even though the majority is in black and white, I have NO complaints. Does wonders for the game.

Music/Sounds: 10/10
Don't play in the dark. That is all I will tell you.

Gameplay: 10/10
You've got to love point & clicks really. And if you do, you're gonna love this one.

Story: 9/10
Story starts off a little slow but heavy with confusion (meant to be). Then as you answer some of the questions (and get bombarded with more) the mystery gets more and more intriguing.

Conclusion: 9.5/10
If you like point & clicks this is a good game. Easy to get into.

Last Comments: I shouldn't have played this game in the dark....

(Probably this would have scared me off before I even tried it. Not sure what's up with the mask tho)

An example of dabs of color in game.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:51 PM
Enthusiast

Hexblood is a jewel in the community Hexblood is a jewel in the community
Sounds pretty cool. I'll have to keep my eye open for this one.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast

AlazarRamir is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to AlazarRamir
Its a good game. And if you like Point & Click adventures this one has the qualities to be a good one.

But I find it surprising that I never heard anything about it.