11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-23-2009, 12:54 AM

NotU is a jewel in the community
I actually just had this conversation with somebody else.

Somebody else was asking about the likelihood of a new console coming out next year. Here is what we figured out:

Microsoft released the original X-Box in 2002 and the 360 in 2005. Given that rate, their next console should be announced soon, assuming the Natal is just a peripheral to the 360.

The PS1 went 5 years before the PS2 came out, which like-wise went 6 years before the PS3 came out. (1995 - 2000 - 2006 respectively). My friends and I couldn't agree on whether Sony would go another 6 year span or a 7 year span (since each console added a year before the next system was released). Either way, at those rates, you're looking at 2013 or 2014 for the PS4.

Nintendo went 7 years between the Famicom and Super Famicom, another 6 years to the N64, then 6 more to the Gamecube, and add 5 more to the Wii. (1983 - 1990 - 1996 - 2001 - 2006). So, their average is 6 years, but their console lifespans have been getting shorter over the years. So, if they go 5 years again, then the next Nintendo console will hit in 2011, 2012 if they go their average of 6 years.

My Website