11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you like Mortal Kombat series to return to Pc platform alongside consoles?
Yes I want MK to be available for pc as well I 1 100.00%
No it's fine I'll get it on my console 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2009, 09:06 PM

onikrulz is community member of note
Exclamation Mortal Kombat 9
Recently, Ed Boon, the creator of the Mortal Kombat franchise, made it clear in his twitter page that Mortal Kombat 9 is already being worked on. Although he did not say when it will be released he hinted at next year. This is what Gamespot's article regarding this topic said:

"In a series of posts on his Twitter page, Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon confirmed that the next installment of the series (referred to as Mortal Kombat 9 for the time being), will go for the jugular.

"People want an M-rated MK," Boon said. "Dammit, we will give them an M-rated MK."

The post came shortly after Boon discussed a motion-capture session being done for the game's special moves and fatalities. It appears the designer is pushing his own comfort zone with the new fatalities, as he referred to them as "sick," before musing, "I hope we aren't taking these too far."

An M-rating would certainly preclude the game from being a sequel to Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, and Boon confirmed that Mortal Kombat 9 would not feature any superheroes. When asked by another Twitter user if the motion-capture session was for a new game or rumored downloadable characters for Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, Boon joked they were actually "for the next MK9: Attack of the Nuns: Get in the Habbit!" (sic)

Whatever shape the next Mortal Kombat takes, it might be some time before gamers get to see it. Earlier this month, Boon posted that the game is "over a year away." Similarly unknown is who the game's publisher will be. Midway recently declared bankruptcy, and while Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has put in a $33 million bid for most of the company--including the Mortal Kombat license--other bids can be submitted until later this month."

**For those of you who are reading this, especially pc gamers, now might be a good time to request him to make it for pc as well as it's been more than 5 years since the last MK came on pc. Piracy is no excuse, sales of games like Empire: Total War, World of Warcraft and Sims 3 proves that. Im sure a collective response may convince him. His twitter id is 'noobde'.**