11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Sports Junkies

Old 08-08-2009, 04:20 PM

moranga is community member of note
Send a message via AIM to moranga
Wii Sports Resort-motion plus...whoa
Alright, picked up Wii Sports Resort last night and...wow. They weren't lying about how awesome the Wii Motion Plus is. It's a little irritating that the Wii Remote wasn't this sensitive from the beginning and now I have to shell out 25 bucks a pop to get that little adapter, but once I got one I stopped complaining.

If you were like me and got really annoyed from time to time when your Wiimote decided to do it's own thing then you'll fall in love with the Motion Plus. I noticed the difference the most during Swordplay (basically you fight with swords, or you can imagine they're lightsabers and you are a true Jedi Master, but you know, whatever ). It's crazy accurate when it comes to your movements, simply astounding. I can't wait for more games to be developed for the Motion Plus!

This version of Wii Sports is a welcomed change as well. There are 12 games this time that range from Archery to Cycling. And yes, the Cycling is kind of weird because you cycle with your arms, but you get used to it. Archery is by far the best because I don't know about any of you but I don't have a shooting range in my back yard, and the controls feel really natural. There's also Basketball, Canoeing, Frisbee with a cute lil Nintendo dog, Table Tennis, and a bunch more.

I highly recommend this game to anyone, as long as you have access to a Wii obviously.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Enthusiast

KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community
its got alot of fun games, but i'd have bought it if it was just swordplay and nothing else.. god its amazing... can not wait for red steel 2!
Old 08-10-2009, 04:13 PM

Arrakiv has set foot on a distinguished road
I don't own a Wii, but a friend of mine does, and he grabbed this right when it came out. Pretty fun stuff, over all. Good party game.

And I totally owned him in the face with Kendo moves. ;-)
Watch the Xeno Pro Remove Lag in EQ2

...Have a guild or a clan? Want to break your name out in a big way? Send me a message. But, shh! It is a secret...
Old 08-14-2009, 03:41 PM

Dswal has much to be proud of
This is beautiful this game. It is sad that the Wii didn't launch with this kind of motion straight from the start but this game and motion plus combo is just excellent. Great game
Old 08-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Enthusiast

KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dswal View Post
This is beautiful this game. It is sad that the Wii didn't launch with this kind of motion straight from the start but this game and motion plus combo is just excellent. Great game
I agree but they got it so perfect this time around i forgive them... I just wish the haters would get over this fact. so many are like "dude! motion plus is awesome!"
"no.. no its not, they are asking us to pay for what they should have done from the start, what a rip off"

seriously, these people need to get the heck over it
Old 08-15-2009, 07:30 PM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
What do you call the Guitar Hero guitar tilt for star power functionality? Motion minus. (cue the drums)

Old 08-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Personally, I would never buy it. Until they come out with a 'Pelvic controller', there would be no point.