11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Old 06-08-2009, 03:32 PM

onikrulz is community member of note
Question Best game of E3 2009

E3 2009 ended on 4th of June, leaving us all hungry and impatient more than ever. From the impressions and the demo trailers, which game do you think was the best this year's E3 offered?
Old 06-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Enthusiast

KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community
I'm going with Scribblenauts for DS...

i'm not impressed with graphics and power, i'm impressed by imagination... and a game that allows you to use any item you can think of with the type of a keyboard is incredible.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:09 AM

paperfan9000 is community member of note
Being a fan of Nintendo, I instinctively checked out their upcoming games first. After all was said and done with Microsoft and Sony (even though I don't own a PSP or PS3), I can honestly say (without bias) that my vote for the best game of E3 '09 goes to:

Metroid: Other M

I came to this conclusion on the basis of three main factors:

1. Melee combat. The trailer made it very clear that Samus would have various hand-to-hand techniques at her disposal. This is a first for any Metroid game, and I, for one, relish at the thought of headlocking a Space Pirate and popping an energetic cap in his head.

2. Team Ninja's involvement. The creators of Ninja Gaiden and DoA know action like the back of their hands, and their cooperation with Nintendo means that even the more "hardcore" gamers will have a reason to own a Wii. Besides, they're less likely to pull a Shadow the Hedgehog on us.

3. Samus speaks. Yeah, I know that she "spoke" in Brawl, as well, but she had, at most, five lines. I also know that some of you are thinking "What's the big deal?" Well, the big deal is that a lot of Metroid fans wanted Samus to speak in Corruption, yet Nintendo and Retro Studios still made her mute, thinking that the voice-overs for the other characters would appease the fanbase. That was the only beef I had with Corruption, and Nintendo appears to be healing past wounds with Other M.

In a nutshell, this game is looking like a whole new animal compared to the other Metroid titles, and as long as no one screws it up, I will be happy for years to come.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:09 AM

youngtusk87 has much to be proud of
I have to say Halo 3: ODST looked amazing.

Free-roaming city landscape to conquer as a sneaky shock-trooper with cool gear and weapons. The City A.I. is a throw back to Marathon says of Durandal.

Firefight; a new wave-based co-op game where you and your buddies take on wave after wave of enemies trying to overrun your position. Add on to that skulls that change the pace of each wave, randomized enemies, and multiple level weather and day-cycle settings and it equates to hours of Halo action.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtusk87 View Post
Firefight; a new wave-based co-op game where you and your buddies take on wave after wave of enemies trying to overrun your position. Add on to that skulls that change the pace of each wave, randomized enemies, and multiple level weather and day-cycle settings and it equates to hours of Halo action.
Sounds like Bungie thought Horde mode from Gears 2 was a good idea to implement in to the Halo universe. Not a bad thing to be copying, Horde mode was one of the strong points of Gears 2.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:21 PM

MajinK has much to be proud of
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. I've been waiting for the next game in the kingdom hearts series and this time you finally get to play and learn about roxas as well as the other organization xiii members. Needless to say i can't wait for it.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:25 PM

flyingwarpigs has set foot on a distinguished road
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves most definately. Graphics, gameplay, story, character development, voiceover, music. Everything about it is simply amazing. I own the first Uncharted and it is, and will be for a long time, my favourite game ever. It's simply amazing and I know that Uncharted 2 will be the same if not better.

Also I'm really excited for M.A.G .... 256 player battles. Point made.

Follow me on twitter! - www.twitter.com/infamous14
Old 06-23-2009, 04:38 PM

MudButted has much to be proud of
This is a tough decision as this E3 really was loaded with a lot of phenomenal titles. One that I keep coming back to is Splinter Cell Conviction. While I wouldn't consider it the game of the show it just took me completely by surprise. I've never been particularly attached to stealth games but the quick pace of this game and the cool projection technology look as though they will keep you very immersed in the experience.
The Last Guardian got me pretty excited too as I am a giant fan of Team Ico's previous releases. Being the MMO nerd I am I would probably have to say Star Wars: The Old Republic
Old 06-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Enthusiast

Thund3rball is a jewel in the community Thund3rball is a jewel in the community
Borderlands
One of the few new IPs present at E3. I love the art direction and the gameplay for this FPS/RPG sounds really good too. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:06 AM

Kazuto has much to be proud of
Woot, my first post. :3

My favorite(s) are as followed:

Assassin's Creed 2
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
BioShock 2
(Doubt this was announced) Kingdom Hearts 3
Halo 3: ODST
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver. - Dunno if it was announced, either