11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 08-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
Although I enjoyed AC I just hope it has more variety in the next one. After playing the first town every area was the same. Listen to a whisper, follow a person steal or beat up them up for info, gather flags, assassinate a baddy. Rinse, wash, and repeat.

I didn't mind a little redundancy, but doing the exact same thing through the entire game. I hope AC2 brings something different and not just a new age in time and a different Assassin.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Enthusiast

jimothyjim is community member of note
I'm looking forward to this, the first one was good, but I did the exact same thing so many times it got hugely repetive. As long as this one has some more varied mission types I'll be fine. The fact you can actually swim is good too. Last one I could scale the highest building in the city, jump off the roof and land perfectly and safely into a pile of hay, but apparently couldn't swim to save my life, literally, instadeath.

Edit: The delay between writing and sending this post makes it look like I just rewrote parts of the last post now :/
Last edited by jimothyjim : 08-13-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
I loved the story I'm very curious to see what happens not just with the new assassin but with the main protagonist. I'm looking forward to some awesome assassination kills coming from swimming.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Enthusiast

I didn't actually think about using the water like that. Maybe you can drown people? There could be an assassination mission where you pull someone off a boat/gondola or whatever. I assume you can at least knock other people into the water. I hope you can't morph into shark though, because that would be out of style for the game, plus I think the canals would be freshwater so you wouldn't be a healthy shark :/
Old 08-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Enthusiast

LOL! That was a nice random thought. I love you concern for the shark. LOL.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:06 PM

Lianna has set foot on a distinguished road
wow. that looked badass, not gonna lie. i only played the first assassin's creed for like... a second.. but i liked it. the physics in the game were pretty sick and this one looks promising!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Enthusiast

@Lianna I recommend replaying the first one because you'll be missing information from the first story.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthOdium View Post
Although I enjoyed AC I just hope it has more variety in the next one. After playing the first town every area was the same. Listen to a whisper, follow a person steal or beat up them up for info, gather flags, assassinate a baddy. Rinse, wash, and repeat.

I didn't mind a little redundancy, but doing the exact same thing through the entire game. I hope AC2 brings something different and not just a new age in time and a different Assassin.
There will be different weapons and different AI types with the different weapons. I know game informer had a four page artical on the game maybe three or four months ago. worth checking out if you can find it.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah I read that Game Informer I take ever game magazine, and game website with a grain of salt. I learned my lesson with Fable, to only read an article or opinion as ideas or ones opinion. The moment I think its in the game and will work 100% the developer has to remove something I get hyped for and then I'm let down.

I know Ubisoft is very good at getting what people want, but like all games after the first half hour of the game it will be the same game play/style for the next 20 hours. The question is do I want to play the same thing that long?

I was fine with the first one, but by the third city I was getting tired of the same quests. I don't want to see AC 2 follow that same path. Will it? I don't know. What I do know is I want different sidequests for each town or city I travel too.

As for the fighting I'm looking forward to using different weapons, and I hope the combat is as challenging as Ubisoft says it will be.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah I read that Game Informer I take ever game magazine, and game website with a grain of salt. I learned my lesson with Fable, to only read an article or opinion as ideas or ones opinion
That's just Peter Molyneux, he says all kinds of things.