11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 06-17-2009, 09:28 PM

Vegeta has much to be proud of
Thumbs down to Square
I have to say, that I too think that square is wrong. They have neglected this game and storyline for years, and let's face it, Chrono Cross wasn't much of a sequel, there was maybe one scene, that sorta tied the games together, along with final enemy being the same. That's about it. I too have played the SNES and PS versions, multiple times. It is a fantastic game, but if they think I'm going to buy ANOTHER re-release of the same game, they are crazy. They have had years to do this, or at least announce that they would.

I agree with the posters that say Square should of just partnered/hired this guy on (he obviously had the skills to make a game), and release/produce it together. I'd have no problem paying for a DIFFERENT game, about the story, it's what most of the fans want, and everyone would win.

I hope this guy, changes the names, and words just enough to avoid the copyright infringments claimed by square, and release it himself to spite them.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:56 AM

Moofey is a jewel in the community Moofey is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Moofey Send a message via MSN to Moofey Send a message via Skype™ to Moofey
This is quite sad. I have to wonder if Square-Enix is blind on this one; Have they not seen how popular just the first game in the series is?

If they made anything Chrono Trigger, it would be easy profit.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:04 AM
Enthusiast

Hexblood is a jewel in the community Hexblood is a jewel in the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
I hope this guy, changes the names, and words just enough to avoid the copyright infringments claimed by square, and release it himself to spite them.
In response to this; the game was just a mod of the ROM of the original CT. It used the same graphics and everything. It took them 5 years to just rework the scripting to give it new dialogue, modify some of the maps, and new storyline.

The modders are also abiding by the C&D so that their personal lives do not suffer. They could potential miss out on job opportunities and such if they have that kind of lawsuit hanging in their past.

From the sound of things they did not receive the order via a web site, it was sent to their personal residence. In other words SE went so far as to track down who they were and where they lived.

They did have some video taken of a play-through the 98% complete version and are posting it up on YouTube so that the fans can at least see what they had done and can see the story they created. I have not gotten to far into it yet but it does seem pretty good so far. They are being posted under the username CEMemorial.