11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > General > Ask a Hardware Guru

Old 08-01-2009, 09:26 PM

JordashTalon has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolete View Post
I have done that already, however the plug-ins from when I used to mod a web browser based game won't go away.

GreaseMonkey is a thorn in my side.

Crazy .. I suppose the only way to fix that is to format the computer, you can use Mozilla Weave to keep the passwords and everything stored.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:36 AM

Nikolete is community member of note
Let me tell you something I won't be doing, formatting my computer. XD

I'll just IE it up until something better comes along that don't be sucking. ARGH!

Old 08-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Why do people have issues with Firefox? Mine never does! IE does though *evil laugh* try using Safari or Opera then?

Old 08-03-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolete View Post
Let me tell you something I won't be doing, formatting my computer. XD

I'll just IE it up until something better comes along that don't be sucking. ARGH!
Back your data and format, I do it every 2 months your computer runs 5 times faster.

And I agree use Google Chrome over Internet Explorer, IE is the bane of the internet..
Old 08-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
Google Chrome is just based on an earlier version of IE, with all the old vulnerabilities intact. They did little more to it than to combine it with the Google Toolbar's features. It's the last thing you should be using.

The latest version of Opera is pretty advanced and has some pretty inovative features, but it's too new to know anything about its vulnerabilities yet.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXenophon View Post
Google Chrome is just based on an earlier version of IE, with all the old vulnerabilities intact. They did little more to it than to combine it with the Google Toolbar's features. It's the last thing you should be using.

The latest version of Opera is pretty advanced and has some pretty inovative features, but it's too new to know anything about its vulnerabilities yet.
Chrome is not based on an earlier version of IE, you may have gotten that from designers saying it's a new frustrating version of IE 6 http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009...web-designers/

And Chrome is not a browser of choice for online shopping. As it still doesn't do https: (Secure connection protocol) very well.

For regular everyday use however it's fast. IE 7 is ok, but whatever you do stay away from IE 6.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:29 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
What's wrong with IE6? At least it worked.

I kind of like Chrome, but I need my FF plugins to browse effectively. Although I do miss the shortcuts and search options.

Anyway, back on topic. I had the same problem, then I updated to 3.5 or whatever, and now it works. Didn't see you mention what version of FF you're using, so if it's 3.1 or something might want to try updating. If you did, which I can imagine, well, then im out of ideas.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:39 AM

IE 6 is a Web Developers Nightmare, Internet Explorer 6 did not follow any standards at all, (Microsoft essentialy created their own).
see:

http://whyiesucks.blogspot.com/
http://www.lockergnome.com/news/2004...rnet-explorer/

IE 7 is ok from a web developers standpoint.

At least Firefox works, and it follows standards, and it has a million extensions.

Your right Firefox plugins are what make firefox great that and it has almost a 500% increase in speed (it's 919% faster than IE 6).
Old 08-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dem View Post
Anyway, back on topic. I had the same problem, then I updated to 3.5 or whatever, and now it works. Didn't see you mention what version of FF you're using, so if it's 3.1 or something might want to try updating. If you did, which I can imagine, well, then im out of ideas.
Take that back. Worked for half a day, now it doesnt anymre.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Ok so im 3.1 of Firefox but you see i only upgrade my firefox when it prompts me so try that?