11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > FPS Connections

Old 09-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Enthusiast

echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community echo65 is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
The Serenity crew, back in action? I was on the fence on this one until I heard that.

Now all they need is Ms. Baccarin (although she cut her hair real short and doesn't look like Inara anymore), Ms. Staite, Mr. Glass, Ms. Torres, Ms. Glau and Mr. Maher.

Ok, just the three doesn't sound like much of a reunion, but yay! Nathan Fillion!
mmmm... Jewel Staite... Sorry what were we talking about again??? Oh yeah I'm picking it up Thursday when I get paid. If anyone wants to play firefight I should be available.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:32 PM

ryokea has much to be proud of
I've got it and just trying to find people for the last two Vidmaster challenges. I have Classic finished already so I just need Endure and Deja Vu from ODST, already have the four from Halo 3 since last night a buddy and me located the new set of skulls.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
when i get it monday add me on XBL and i'll help ya with al lthe ODST Vidmasters since i need them to lol

Old 09-24-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
when i get it monday add me on XBL and i'll help ya with al lthe ODST Vidmasters since i need them to lol
Thanks for the offer, Mishy, but I found a team for Endure out of people in my friends list right after posting that. We managed to nab that Vidmaster then I rallied the forces of Bungie.net to get a team for Deja Vu and finished that one, so I haz Recon for Halo 3 now.

I will however toss my GT out there for anyone needing help with either, message me and if I have time I'll lend ya a hand.

GT: Ryokea Hakubi
Old 09-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Enthusiast

CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community CthulhuDreams is a paragon of the community
GT: Vend3tta Ins4ne

the best mission for classic is Uplift something (can't think of the name)
Old 09-25-2009, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CthulhuDreams View Post
GT: Vend3tta Ins4ne

the best mission for classic is Uplift something (can't think of the name)
Uplift Reserve. For Endure the best level I found was Alpha Site so you can funnel the enemies down two hallways and have two people watch each highway. For Deja Vu make sure you go down the first offramp to find a little surprise left by the Bungie guys.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:26 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
*sniff sniff* all i wanted was 100% halo 3

Old 09-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Easy Breezy~

Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED Dem CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Dem Send a message via Skype™ to Dem
Finished it last night / this morning in one go. What an experience. I love it.

The whole rookie being lost in a city at night was a great idea, although it could've been done a lot better. It seems to me they were going for a sort of film noir lost in a city thing, but the fighting kind of pulls you out of it. Would've been better if he was hurt and had to hide / run instead of all these big firefights that were going on now, and slowly recover as he followed the trail of his squadmates. But the film noir really took Halo in a different direction, slowing things down, trying to make you feel a bit lonely.... The jazzy influence in the music was a fantastic help. The danger of that is that it also makes people feel bored, in the end I got on a mongoose and just raced through the city.

The flashbacks were amazing. Loved it. But a big part of that love comes from the fact that your teammates were Fillion, Baldwin and Tudyk. What a great decision to get them in. It was like I was stuck in some sort of twilight zone between Halo and Firefly. Amazing. Great characters, great lines / dialogues. The flashback missions themselves were great as well. Personally I'm glad they got rid of master chief and focussed on these characters, I hope to see them again in another game. I'm not saying it's better than Halo, it's just different. Halo is always about saving the world / universe with this supersoldier... This was about a squad trying to rescue a city. Think it was great. And it was made even more great by the fact that it was Fillion, Baldwin and Tudyk... Oh, and Helfer as well I suppose. Bit disappointed that Baldwin and Tudyk didn't get their real faces in though, would've completed the firefly experience lol.

One thing that made this Halo a BETTER experience than Halo 2 or 3 was the story... Halo 3 especially managed to get a decent background story, and then completely confuse people by skipping back and forth, leaving big holes in what actually happened... One moment you're here, the next moment you're blowing up a tower for no apparent reason. There were too big of a holes and too little of explanation of what and why... ODST doesn't have this problem... Anywhere... Its a perfect fit on Halo 2 and doesn't leave the viewer wondering wtf he is doing 90% of the time. There's also great little hints towards the books and the upcoming Reach game. Oh I soooooo hope Fillion is gonna be in it.

Also, the soundtrack is FANTASTIC.

What a fanboy post, but the game deserves it. Although I have to add, that if you haven't seen firefly, I doubt the experience is similar... The thing is that people who have seen firefly have already bonded with their teammates, even before they start the game lol.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Savant

Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED Hagan CLASSIFIED
Send a message via MSN to Hagan
Hmmm, Dem makes it sound worth buying. I'll wait till it comes down in price then buy it (I am a cheap bast. after all).
Old 09-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Guru

Wait.. Dem gave a positive review? whats this world coming to! lol