11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 06-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Enthusiast

Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community
Sims 3 gameplay and community discussion
Just picked up the Sims 3 yesterday at Target, and so far I'm absolutely loving it. The gameplay has been greatly improved in my opinion, and the options for alternate life are staggering.

Anyone else played this game enough to formulate an opinion on it?

Also, to those connected to EA's online Sims 3 community, my account is Dwaylin. Please feel free to add me.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Enthusiast

AlazarRamir is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to AlazarRamir
Been playing it on and off a little. Nice to explore its new features. Got to love its traits systems and how easy it is to get the job you want.

What I don't like is that you cannot create two lots in the same game so that they can bump into one another.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Founding Member

Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Armaya is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
This is on my "to get" list after our vacation. I hate spending the money on it now when I know I won't get to play it.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Enthusiast

AlazarRamir is community member of note
Send a message via MSN to AlazarRamir
It'd just be a tease that way. heh
Old 06-16-2009, 10:44 AM

spookygirl is a jewel in the community
I've been playing it awhile now, I do quite love the open neighborhood... I have been waiting for more custom meshing and such before I get too far into it though... my neighborhoods just aren't fun unless their are tons of ravers and Gothic Lolitas running around the place talking in simlish... heh..
Old 06-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Enthusiast

arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community arislyn is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlazarRamir View Post
What I don't like is that you cannot create two lots in the same game so that they can bump into one another.
You can create two lots in the same game....it's just not very intuitive. It took me a lot of tinkering to figure it out, myself.

When you are in the game playing your family, go to the "...." menu. You'll see an option called "Edit Town." Click on that. From there, you can create more sims and then copy them to empty lots in your current neighborhood.

A word of warning, though: while you are playing one family, your other families are still doing their thing. Time is not stopped. So, you could switch to your auxiliary family and find that someone has died, moved out, gotten pregnant, etc...all while you had your back turned. (And this is how the my Olsen family keeps growing and growing. Stop having woohoo when I'm not looking, dagnabit!)

Heh! My husband and I have been playing in the same neighborhood since we like being able to interact with each others sims. Unfortunately, because of the time progression continuing, I've lost the main sim I was playing. I can't find her anywhere! I don't know if she died, shacked up with someone or what. I haven't been able to find her anywhere.