11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 05-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Enthusiast

Hexblood is a jewel in the community Hexblood is a jewel in the community
Cool Nippon Ichi games
Which is your personal favorite?

I have been a big fan of their games since Disgaea.I first read about it in some magazines before it came out and got stoked to check it once it got release. I played it all the time until the fateful day I got sucked into the world of MMOs. However it has always remained one of my main "fall back" games.

I am now playing it on my PSP. I have not gotten to far into it yet.

I missed getting D2 due to hard economic times when it came out. Just as they announced a reprint run I start hearing talk of the PSP version coming soon. So now I am waiting for the PSP release here in the USA.

Sadly, I do not have a PS3 and it will be a while yet before I can get one. D3 haunts me, I want it so bad LOL

I have picked up a few of their other titles.

La Pucelle, I can never seem to get to far into this one before I loose interest to something else. I'll get to this one day LOL

Phantom Brave, Kinda the same deal. Mostly playing it makes me want to play D1 again LOL.

Makai Kingdom, pretty much same as PB except I do find myself more interested in it. I am going to start a new game of it today.

~ ~ ~

Right now for me my Fav has to be D1, I love the game play, the humor, the story, and it was my introduction to N1's games.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Savant

LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness LordXenophon is enveloped in a rainbow of effervescent greatness
Send a message via AIM to LordXenophon
I don't believe I've got any of their games at all.

It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
The juice of Coffee quickens the mind.
The desk acquires a stain.
The stain becomes a warning.
It is by the force of will alone I set my mind in motion.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Enthusiast

You, sir, need to go shopping
Old 05-31-2009, 07:50 AM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
Oh man! You just said my second favorite game company NIS America.
OK so the games I love are:

AR Tonelico 1 and 2
Disgaea 1 and 3
Mana Khemia 1, 2 on PSP was really bad.
Puchi Puchi Virus
GrimGrimoire
Atelier Iris series
Prinny
Spectral Souls
Generation of Chaos
Makai Kingdom
Phantom Brave
and La Pucelle

I'm waiting for Cross Edge to snail mail its way to me and in July I will own Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!

I would have to say even though I love the Disgaea Series that AR Tonelico 1 and even with the bad glitch 2 are my favorite games from NISA.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:05 AM
Enthusiast

I am a long time fan of Square's titles but I find them getting a bit stale as time goes on. NIS is a breath of fresh air into the genre. Whether it is developed "In-House" or they just produce it.

They are not afraid to try something new. They have their own flavor, that I personally feel, helps keep the realm of single player RPGs alive in this world of MMORPGs.

If I had never gotten started on MMORPGs I would have tons more hours on on NIS games. I think I had more hours logged on D1 than any other RPG I own, including Chrono Trigger which I played for who knows how long.

The guys and gals at NIS know how to make an addictive game series. If they were to ever make a fully online game I would probably be in big trouble LOL
Old 06-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Enthusiast

DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community DarthOdium is a cornerstone of the community
I can talk your ear off about Atlus or NIS I love their games. They are never the best or are "What is supposed to be the best." like Bioware or Square. I can count on both however to have a consistent style, theme, or something that says yeah we have our problems but we aim to please our loyal fans.

I've stayed away from MMOs almost completely. The only MMO type of game I played religiously was Planetside. I don't hate MMOs at all I would probably love them, I'm just not a huge social butterfly which would make it pointless for me to play them since all are surrounded by socializing. WoW would become very boring and hard if I played alone since I wouldn't be able to experience everything in WoW without others. Guild Wars has the NPCs that play with you but they sucked really bad.

Anyway I love that both will import some of the most quirky, unique, and fun games I've played in a long time.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:58 AM
Enthusiast

Yeah, Altus is pretty good too. NIS has won me over though LOL.

I found my way into MMOs and loved them of a while. It is the large group "endgame" activities that kills them for me. GW is not so bad though. I am looking forward to GW2.

I really don't like the relying on other people to get events done. I actually have a few concepts for some MMOs that would be a bit more Single Player oriented. Why be a MMO then? So that friends can be made and can help each other out when they want to.

I look at it this way: I like play solo but I also like helping people out. I like being able to do this while I play not just via forums and such.

I may check out that new Monster Hunter game because it kinda sounds like it may be a bit like this.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:12 AM
Enthusiast

I see where you are coming from, 90% of my games are single player. I guess when it comes to it I love getting wrapped into stories. I still love collecting items but I love to be pulled in and if the developer can get me to feel the mood of the game/characters even better.

Like with Persona 3 I really enjoyed that game from Atlus, or the unique dating/diving that happens in AR Tonelico from NISA.

I still love co-op just not on a very large scale unless with friends. Others seem to ruin the experience for me. They either talk about non-game items or just ruin the mood.

Which is why I'm excited and nervous about MAG I love military games most of my friends served, and they played Planetside with me so I hoping MAG gets some nice reviews so I can persuade them to buy it.

...anyway I'm straying from topic. Which is you're next NISA game your playing on getting?
Old 06-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Enthusiast

Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community Shademonger is a cornerstone of the community
I think I probably played Disgaea more than the second one, but considering Disgaea 2 is just a much more refined version of the first, I'm going to have to say that Disgaea 2 was my favorite so far that I have played.

I love tower attacks, and I enjoy every other innovation that NIS threw into that series. The art direction and sense of humor in those games just fill me to the brim with happy feelings. I can always count on NIS for a good pick-me-up. I wish I didn't become such an achievement whore, because then I'd probably still be playing their games as much as I used to.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Enthusiast

I missed out on D2 when it came out so I'll be grabbing the PSP version when it comes out.

I have to kinda limit my game budget though so we shall see.

Kinda holding of some game buying plans to see what all gets announced at E3.