11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Retro Gaming

Old 07-15-2009, 04:49 PM
Enthusiast

KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community KrazyKain is a paragon of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykalgaidin View Post
The first two Oddworld games had a similar structure as I recall, plus the ability to fart on command, which is the single greatest advancement in video games, ever. Yes, I can be quite juvenile at times.
yeah the oddworld games are quite nice, but not quite as cinematic as Another World.

and yes the fart command was cool.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:18 PM

Niteraid has set foot on a distinguished road
Just thought I'd share this one purely for "why not" reasons. It's just the cart for the game in question. It's the American version but I just use the Universal Adapter to play it since I've got a PAL SNES. Curiously, the title screen has Another World as the name!

The back of the box just makes this sound like one of the greatest games ever, it reads:

"You'll think you're actually on a movie set when you star in the cinematic action/adventure Out Of This World.

Out Of This World is like no other game on the Super NES. Using a completely new graphic system of cinematic zooms, pans, close-ups, and cuts, Out Of this World gets you involced in a breathtaking story of inter-dimensional travel.

You'll duck as lasers blast, boulders crash, and monsters roar. The complete musical score and realistic, digitized sound effects will make you feel like you're on a movie sound stage.

Being a hero is hard work, and you'll experince it first-hand as you run, jump, dodge. and shoot your way across a hostile world of deadly earthquakes and alien monsters. So grab your hat and whip, charge up your blasters, and get ready to star in your own movie that'll take you Out Of This World!"

Nothing else needs to be said when you read a description like that! Of course the game features no whips and to an even lesser extent hats.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Savant

mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community mykalgaidin is a paragon of the community
Send a message via AIM to mykalgaidin Send a message via Yahoo to mykalgaidin
If I can't wear a hat and wield a whip while playing a game (I'm good at multi-tasking. I'm working while I type this.) then screw it. Next thing you know we won't be able to wear assless chaps and high heels whilst traversing the digital world. Fascists.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:24 PM

Niteraid has set foot on a distinguished road
*Thinks about Lester in Another world wearing assless chaps and high heels*........Genius my friend, genius.