11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > Tabletop Games

Old 10-19-2008, 02:19 AM

Emcew is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to Emcew Send a message via MSN to Emcew Send a message via Yahoo to Emcew
Tabletop Wargame Army Paintjobs!
This is a post for all people who have games you have to paint yourself!

Show your scheme! Ask for hints, or other thing. At the end of the post, I would possibly suggest saying if you are open to critique or if you just want people to say "Oooh pretty".

I can't find any of my own pictures, nor my camera... But as SOON as I grab that I will post some up of my guys!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:12 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
heh you mean like Warhammer? Well i got some Eldar (Alaitoc scheme http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki...c_guardian.jpg) Still having trouble with the eyes and i need to figure out how their farseers and warlocks work. I'll get some pictures of my own army later.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to Emcew Send a message via MSN to Emcew Send a message via Yahoo to Emcew
Wasn't Warhammer in specific, but any will do. I completly forgot about this thread I made here because nobody else said anything,and again, I can't find my camera.

Either way, I have both Tyranids and Eldar. So again I'll try to find them.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Guru

Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Mishy is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I know i was just suggesting Warhammer as one of the games and i know you probably forgot anyway so i kicked the thread up haha

Old 01-05-2009, 04:45 PM

BaboonOfTheYard is a jewel in the community BaboonOfTheYard is a jewel in the community
I wish my camera worked... I made my own paint scheme for Space Marines, and I think it's cool. Very simple, because I don't like doing those tiny little details, but still. Basically, take the Ultramarines scheme, then make blue black and gold silver.

Very original, I know.
"The power of 7 is a major influence in the world. From ancient writings, to days of the week, to number of Harry Potter books, to alchemical thingies, to "Shichinin no samurai" - seven has indeed proven itself as a lucky number."
-ThinkGeek
Old 01-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Guru

Damn smurfs! i'll just have to use Wraithcannons hehe(look up the TT tules for them brutal ^_^) Same i have trouble doing the little details its my hand it shakes to much

Old 01-06-2009, 01:18 AM

pops40k has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to pops40k
well, Lets see.

I have my Imperial Guard army. I kind of got bored last army I did, so instead of painting 130+ models identical, I used the guards ability to diversify and I ran with each guard unit being a different race.

So, here's some of what I have so far:

Inquisitor Lord and Retinue
Eschers
Vostroyans
Ratskins
Tallarns
Squats
Steel Legion
Praetorians
Cadians
Catachans

Then there's my Warmachine Four Star Syndicate:

Gorten Grundback, Reinholdt, Eiryss
Ghordson Driller, Grundback Gunner

Then finally (for now) I have the beginning of my Fantasy Cult of Slaanesh:

Devoted of Slaanesh

Now that's what Ihave pics of now.

I also have:

- my Goblin Blood Bowl team, which have red and blue uniforms.
- Black Templar Space Marines (obviously Back and White)
- Eldar Battlefleet Gothic-Dark Blue, Drk Red, Silver
- Eldar 40k, same as BFG
- Orks 40k, basically Green, Brown, Silver
- remnants from my old guard Penal Legion, Orange and White
Last edited by pops40k : 01-06-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:58 AM
Guru

Wow just wow nice job is all i can say

Old 01-06-2009, 05:59 AM

cluskevird has much to be proud of
Heh heh heh I made a skeleton army - All banners/shields and even the drums on the skeleton mammoth had one specific emblem - the dreaded smiley face! I don't even know how many of them I have anymore... the mammoth as far as I remember had been crushed in an unfortunate accident (three times). Over the years I've developed a fun little technique that has given me some very solid pieces paintwise at least in my opinion. If everything wasn't buried in junk I'd be able to take a few pics.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:45 PM

Here's my Tyranids.

I need to start painting my Eldar army, but it's too cold here for me to prime them (spray primers suck for that) and I don't even know what paintscheme I want to use.

Either way. These are old pictures. I need to take some more as the varnish wasn't quite dried in these and it makes it look blue and WAY too shiny.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/emcew/s...7612208990415/

Enjoy!