11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > Gaming > RPG/Action/Adventure

Old 04-28-2009, 06:48 AM
Enthusiast

bamaredwingsfan is a jewel in the community bamaredwingsfan is a jewel in the community
Splinter Cell Conviction
Isn't this game supposed to be released sometime in the next few months? I am really hooked on the splintercell series, and im stoked to see how this one turns out.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:41 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
I checked a couple of gaming news sites and it's listed with a release date of TBA.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Enthusiast

Thund3rball is a jewel in the community Thund3rball is a jewel in the community
I really liked the SC series until Double Agent, part of that is Ubisoft's fault (horribly buggy game on PC at the time) and part of it is mine for switching platforms after enjoying it on PS2 for years. I think I've had my fill of SC games for now.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:17 AM
Enthusiast

bamaredwingsfan is a jewel in the community bamaredwingsfan is a jewel in the community
This game should have been out last christmas, and they pulled out on that date to revamp the game. I wonder what changes were made. I thought i read that the game would play kinda like a jason bourne movie. Thats fine if they want to have a game like that, but i think eveyone liked the stealth play qualities of the other games. I would rather them come up with a new foe an plot in the old splinter cell mold. And then have a completely new game based on a super agent on the run like jason bourne.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:31 AM
Enthusiast

From what I remember reading they want to change it up a bit with more hand to hand combat and finishing moves, crowds (ala Assasin's Creed), diverse missions (some you run, some you gun, some you stealth etc...). Honestly I think the series could use a bit of updating as long as there is a good core of stealth play in there. I actually think Ubisoft has been trying to develop different experiences in games over the last year or two, for such a powerhouse in the industry anyways, and I support it. Much better than just relying on a formula and going with the flow.

In games like Creed, PoP, EndWar and FarCry 2 we see Ubi dabbling in new territory and "putting the feelers out" imo. I think we'll start to see refinements along these lines from them in their upcoming releases and not necessarily in direct sequels. Which would be my guess for the delay in Conviction's release.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Enthusiast

SC:C coming "this Christmas".

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58402
Old 05-01-2009, 02:38 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
SC:C coming "this Christmas".

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58402
Im all for that. I had read somewhere that they were considering a MMO game that combines ghost recon, rainbow six, hawx, and splintercell series together. But its been a while since ive heard that.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Guru

Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction Dvader83 is a shining beacon of illustrious distinction
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaredwingsfan View Post
Im all for that. I had read somewhere that they were considering a MMO game that combines ghost recon, rainbow six, hawx, and splintercell series together. But its been a while since ive heard that.
I had heard a similar rumor that the stories of SC, RS, and GR were supposed be tied together in Tom Clancy's Endwar, which is a persistant world RTS that came out last year, but I'm not sure if that actually happened.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvader83 View Post
I had heard a similar rumor that the stories of SC, RS, and GR were supposed be tied together in Tom Clancy's Endwar, which is a persistant world RTS that came out last year, but I'm not sure if that actually happened.
I left out endwar off the list above. I forgot to put it in there.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvader83 View Post
That's what I thought too but I haven't played EndWar so I wouldn't know if it is true or not.