11/DEC/13

Winter!: Prepare for holiday gaming!

Forums top   gamerDNA.com Forums > gamerDNA.com > GamerDNA Life

Old 08-05-2009, 12:20 AM

Razor-I is community member of note
Probably when I went into a raid dungeon in wow by myself and thought I had sneaked past a group of mobs, only to be attack by them from behind. That freaked me out.

Another scary thing actually is when I'm in the lead in a Halo game with people who are of equal or even greater skill to me. I just know at any minute someone is gonna come through and beat me down.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Enthusiast

wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community wastelander75 is a paragon of the community
Running from the Bear while trying to manage through the mangled and dialpidated Hunting Lodge in Condemned 2. After 10 tries and 10 "Hey, I think i made...GAH! shit!"

I finally got out of there. Almost felt like reloading and replaying that event.

Almost.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:38 AM

whiskeyhicks has much to be proud of
In general the remake of Resident Evil on the Gamecube scared the hell out of me because it took all the general mechanics of a survival horror and game and went, "Yeah... that doesn't work anymore."

Such as zombies following you from one room to another, and don't even get me started on those FREAKING CRIMSON HEADS.

Penumbra in general also scared me on the point that it took my conventional ideals about First Person Perspective Games. Spent the first 15 minutes of the game trying to figure out where the gun is, and that's when I realized... you ain't gettin' no gun. Deal. I was like, "Nooooooooooooooo. T_T"

Fallout in general creeped me out too, mostly in Vault 88 and the Germantown Police Station. Super Mutants... they freak me out with their taunting and Gore Bags.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:15 PM

Vegeta has much to be proud of
I'm not generally scared by scenes in video games, however when I was around 9-10 years old, I played Ecco The Dolphin. And to this day, I say that it is the scariest game in general that I have played.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:48 AM

Zero21x has much to be proud of
Certain Team FPS/3rdPerson where everyone leaves and its 1 vs 6
Old 08-12-2009, 08:24 AM
Enthusiast

WILDMAMMOTH has set foot on a distinguished road
I'm usually only bothered if something is done to startle me. Loud high pitched noises really get to me, especially if I'm not very alert at the moment. There's that moment in Chrono Trigger at the robot factory where people are being fed into this machine and killed. The first time I played it I had the sound turned up, and the high pitched shriek scared me so bad that I had to stop playing for a while.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:52 AM

Thewalrus345 has much to be proud of
I was playing Silent Hill 3 late one night and I got to the storeroom scene. When my reflection rotted and stopped moving in that large mirror I was about ready to turn it off. I now have a subtle fear of mirrors that i can't shake.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:34 PM

Halodemon13 has much to be proud of
In Bioshock: when you are gathering parts for the EMP bomb, and splicers set up an ambush by feigning death. I walked right up to one to smack it with my wrench, and it jumped up and started shooting at me. Needless to say, I shot every corpse i ran into for the rest of the level.

Also, in Fort Frolic, the room full of Spider Splicer statues that come to life. I walked into the room and saw 4 or 5 statues in various poses. I smacked one with a wrench, and nothing happened. After going to a corner to hack a safe, I turned around, and the statues were gone, only to drop down on me from the ceiling as I made a hasty retreat from the room.

The Penumbra Series was also pretty scary at first, especially when you have no weapons.

I thought the HL2 Mod Nightmare House: Remake was scary, and was very well made for a mod.

My friend and I used to stay up at night and play scary games, switching off per death. The ones I remember well are Silent Hill 2, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, and Extermination.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:11 AM

XavierThirtyTwo is a jewel in the community
Send a message via AIM to XavierThirtyTwo Send a message via MSN to XavierThirtyTwo
This.

SilentHill3_Mannequins.jpg

Silent hill 3. The room in the building under construction with the mannequin. If ANYONE remembers that room, you know what I'm talking about.

Secondly, I played that game with headphones using the binaural option included in the game and it was very lively and directly behind me when I heard it. TERRIFYING.

(To get an idea of what binaural audio sounds like, check out this holophonic youtube video with headphones. MUST BE WEARING HEADPHONES FOR IT TO WORK. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT1XuB95qMk try listening to the entire first matchbook sequence. At around 50 seconds you should hear up and down, not just left and right.)
Old 09-25-2009, 07:21 AM

Ryagon has much to be proud of
That is easy, the whole Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly. Was too freaked out to even finish the game... Plus it would've taken ages since I could only play 5-15 minutes a time before the whole atmosphere got unbearable.

Of course I was younger back then so could be a time to retry.